Prologue

I apologise in advance, I'm trying to write certain parts in a Scottish accent so I apologise if its bad.

They say things happen for a reason, that it's fate or destiny. But no one is certain. Just like how myths and legends are nothing but stories, but then again how certain are they?

Wrestling against the strong current, was a small boat embracing the winds in its sail as it drifted to the large shores of a large cliff face just shy of Canada. There steated at the edge of the boat, was a Boy. Behind him, gripping tightly against the stern, was an elderly gentleman, his grandfather. The two of them were inseparable. They ventured to these shorelines every summer, and nestled in the forests above the cliff face. Though today was different, a Comet was rumored to pass by the Earth, very closely allegedly. The boy was eager to witness this sight, and pleaded his grandfather to take him to see it, much to the old blacksmith's laughter he agreed. The two were only a short distance from the shore but the young boy was brimming with excitement.

"Come on Grandfather, can't we sail any faster?" he said with great enthusiasm. The old man laughed, loudy.

"Noo y/n, we don't control eh speed we travel, 'At be the wind lad." y/n's grandfather smiled greatly, "but ye need tae calm doon. 'At comet said te be apperin ar'ound nightfall, ve've got plenty of time" he said.

Y/n looked ahead and slumped down dipping his hand over the rail and sighed heavily. "But that's ages from now, I wanted to see it sooner." Y/n's grandfather laughed loudly, startling the boy slightly causing his glasses to slip off.

"Life be slower thn ye think, but when eh moment come, 'ats where its most beautiful. Mark ma words lad, tonight will be a night t' remember." Y/n sat in thought thinking about his grandfather's words, and smiled greatly. His grandfather always had an interesting way on turning this around.

They soon arrived at shore, y/n glanced at the sky noticing that they arrived alot later than they thought. As the colours were falling from a glorious crimson to a looming blue, nightfall was approaching quickly.

"Grandfather, I'm going ahead I'll meet you at the campsite" he cried out as he stared rushing on ahead. Y/n's grandfather, pulled the boat ashore quickly in hopes of not letting his grandson rush off.

"Don't run off, just yet, wait a sec'nd noo" he cried, but it was in vain as y/n had rushed off, already running the steep cliff path that reaches the top. Y/n's grandfather sighed heavily as he gathered their camping gear quickly. "At boy, full of energy joos lek his mother" he chuckled softly, as he rushed off quickly to catch up to his grandson to ensure he didn't get into trouble, or worst.

Y/n rushed up to the top of the cliff face, he breathing ragged and heavy. His heart was racing, as he stopped, gripping his knees as he breathed. He looked back, and smiled at the scenery. One of the best parts of being here was always the view, seeing the sunset glow across the ocean. "Still the best spot for sunsets" he said, smiling. He looked up and stared at the sky, as the night drew closer. He is childlike smile, soon fell into a serious expression and he rushed ahead.

Y/n soon reached where him and his grandfather would be camping out, this wide open area hadn't changed at all since the last time they stayed here. But by the time he looked up he saw it was nightfall, which meant the comet was close to drifting past. Y/n twist and turned his gaze around the sky, hoping to catch a glimpse of what would be a comet twinkling in amongst the stars as it raced towards Earth, but only by the skin of its teeth in a sense, his eyes focused heavily on the shining stars, searching and searching until he stopped, and stared at a large dazzling image that grew with each second passing. The comet, y/n's face brightened and his smile grew large in awe, as the comet grew closer and closer, the comet soon came into full view and curve across the sky.