Starfire x Reader

Surrounded in darkness I feel nothing but a soothing peace, stretching my self out and sighing deeply I continue to float through the abyss of utter relaxa-

"BEAST BOY KNOCK IT OFF!" sent me flailing off the side of the bed blindly scrambling for the sheets before hitting the floor with a dull 'Thump'.

Laying there I take a moment to assess the situation, the bright sun shining straight through the giant window of my room meaning a slept in quite late. The next thing to cross my attention was the yelling I could hear from the hallway that woke me in the first place.

Standing with a huff I storm towards my door as it slides open on its own for me. Stomping through the doorway into the corridor I look towards the commotion to see Beast Boy and Cyborg yelling at each other with Starfire trying to calm them down, while Robin is telling them to stop. With a deep sigh I storm towards them watching as Robin and Starfire see me coming and back up from the argument.

I shove my way in-between Cyborg and Beast Boy using my strength to shove them apart with a hand to each chest. Both wide eyed Cyborg stumbles back a few feet while Beast Boy manages to fall back to the floor. Glaring at each of them I inhale deeply to calm my anger before speaking.

"What is going on?" Cyborg glances to BB before looking off to the side, so turning my attention to Beast Boy I see him looking to the floor and muttering something under his breath. Sharpening my glare towards him.

"What was that?" He lifts his head towards me while still looking off to the side hesitantly not wanting to face me and tell what disturbed me.

"I- I was wanting to tell you something that wasn't my place to because it's not about me- BUT it was just so tempting because we all know about it but NO ONE will say anything about ho-" he's cut off by a gloved hand being slapped onto his mouth.

"That's enough Beast Boy" Robin says glancing in my direction. With a roll of my eyes agitation pours through my lips before I can stop it.

"Whatever, just shut up when you're in the hallway, okay." I snap at them before pushing my way through the group towards the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

"Thank you, Friend ____, I was so worried about our Friends" Starfire says to me brightly while floating to my side. I smile slightly towards her with a small nod of my head.

"Of Course, Star. Besides they needed put in place after scaring me to the floor." I huff out with a slight laugh causing her to furrow her eyebrows and grab me by my shoulders to look me over.

"Are you okay? Are you injured?" I shake my head fondly at her concern with a faint grin.

"No, I'm okay Star. They just startled me awake is all." She focuses on me for a moment more before nodding her head in acceptance and moving beside me again with a smile on her face.

We're quite the opposites but it's never proven to be a challenge for us to get along. She's very bright and optimistic, maybe a little naive but she's also not earthbound. I however can be quick to anger and realistic if something bad is happening I don't sugar coat it. But it works for us she has the happiness for the two of us while I have the ability to help her see things from a more neutral light. It's helped us both grow and adjust in better ways. In fact she was the reason I, albeit hesitantly, decided to trust and join the Teen Titans.

Entering the kitchen I immediately go to the coffee maker and press the start button, proud that I always prepare it for the morning while grabbing my favorite coffee mug. Waiting for the pot to finish brewing I glance towards Starfire to see her sitting on a stool with her elbows on the counter and her chin in her hands staring at me with large sparkling eyes, a smile on her face. I glance back to the coffee pot feeling a faint blush crawl up my cheeks, clear my throat unnecessary to break the silence.

"So, uh, do you know what BB was wanting to tell me about?" I decide to question with a small quirk of my eyebrow as my eyes flash towards her to see her orange skin darken as she sits up straight with her eyes shooting back and forth nervously.

"Oh that, uhm, I can not say I have the knowledge of what it is Friend Beast Boy has the knowledge of!" She shouts out frantically. I nod slowly " Uhuh" making sure she was aware I knew she was lying. Turning to the coffee machine to fill my mug I look at the coffee with my brows furrowed, disappointment filling me at the fact there was something no one would tell me, that even Starfire wouldn't tell me. That last thought had the disappointment turning into frustration as I brought the mug to my lips to take a sip of the scalding liquid.

The scraping of a chair being pushed out broke the silence as I kept my focus on the machine in front of me.

"Friend ___-" she starts to say as she lays a hand in my shoulder but is cut off by me shrugging her hand off and swirling around to face her, a frown etched into my face.

"Why doesn't anyone want to tell me anything? What is going on? If everyone knows, why can't I?" I rapid fire my frustrations out at her, slamming my mug onto the counter so I don't splash it while flailing my arms out from me. I take deep heavy breaths as she looks down at me a small frown on her face, where it doesn't belong filling me with shame.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get frustrated" I force out as I squeeze my eyes shut, hanging my head low. Her hand gently resting on my shoulder causing me to look up at her as she tilts her head to the side thoughtfully. She sighs lightly as she tries to find the right words.

"I.. do not know many earth customs however I would greatly wish to learn more with you" I tilt my head back at her confusion evident on my face.

"I though I was already helping with that... I can do more tho-" "That's not what I mean" she quickly cuts through what I'm saying. She inhales deeply her hand sliding down my arm to hold my hand.

"What I mean is.. I would very much be enjoyed to learn earthly relationship customs... and I would like you to help teach the ways of your people so that I may return the favor towards you."

Freezing eyes wide I look up at her face to see nothing but honesty and pure intentions all I can manage to do is reach up and wrap my arms around her neck while slowly nodding my head.

"I would love to help you learn that Star, thank you for telling me."