three

Sage

First night in the new apartment, wasn't all that bad. The sound of an ambulance woke me up out of my sleep bright and early, turning to get up to piss I realized that I had a crick in my neck. Sitting at the edge of the blowup bed I tried to work it out as best as I could, turning my head as best as I could I looked at Kimoni still sleeping. If she is feeling how I am, I know that will be the first thing she'll go off about.

Once I washed my hands after using the bathroom, I hit the kitchen for some leftover food, I was hungry as hell this morning. Last night I was trying to eat light as a bird knowing damn well I wouldn't be able to get the money to stoack the fridge till two weeks from now. Kimoni and I still need to go grocery shopping, our funds are limited right now so we can only buy the essentials.

My ass is good for whipping up a meal for the low, I'm the king of turning a twenty cent pack of Ramen noodles into a meal to feed the both of us. By nature I will do whatever I have to in order to survive, unlike Kimoni who at times relies on her mother. Unfortunately, I don't have anybody to call on when I'm caught up in some shit.

Over in the distance, I heard Kimoni starting to wake up. "Shit!" she shouted during a loud stretch. "I don't know what is worse. Waking up to the sound of sirens or sleeping uncomfortable on this damn blowup mattress," she groaned.

"I couldn't tell, you were snoring like you were having the best sleep you ever had." I commented.

"Maybe you got yourself confused, that shit doesn't matter though Sage. We need a mattress today and I'm not waiting for you to get a weak first check. You know the first one is always the smallest, you aren't even getting a full week of work when you start."

"Well, I can't pull money out of my ass Kimoni so we going to have to rely on that small ass check." I said at first with sarcasm on full affect. "Nothing I can do for us till then."

She sighed, "My mother gave me some for an emergency. This isn't one but I'm not about to fuck up my back on this blowup bed Sage."

Taking a spoonful of my food I was eating into my mouth, I then replied back. "That money is all yours but I was wondering when the hell you were going to tell me about it. I would never try to take from you Kimoni, but I thought that we were better than this shit, your mom trash talking me and you don't even come to my defense."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Kimoni started to get fired up but ended up sighing sliding the palm of her hands down her face. "Forget about it man, I don't feel like arguing with your ass right now! I could have stayed home for this shit."

"You almost did," I bugged my eyes out with my comment.

"What the hell did you just say?" Kimoni questioned as she shot up from the bed.

Exhaling deeply I decided it was best for me not to repeat my comment, I didn't want to fuck up the morning going back and forth with her ass. Backing down wisely I defused the issue, Kimoni went into the bathroom to get ready to leave as I finished my plate of food. Silence was the word of the day as we ventured out to local shops for an affordable mattress. Since my girl always want to be in charge all the fucking time, I told her the top three mattresses that I liked within our budget, she was the one who had the final say on which one to pick.

At least with the tension brewing between us we were able to compromise, that is all that I been wanting out of her. When we returned back to the crib with our new mattress strapped to the car, Kimoni still hadn't said shit to me since we left earlier.

Yet, she still got out the car and acted as if she was going to help me carry it into the crib. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Don't you want some help?"