Rebirth | Noelle Grace

I'm expecting. You're expecting? Yes, I'm expecting. Fetus in the womb, fetus in the tomb. Birth, life, death. Death, life, birth. A constant and never-ending cycle. Skin, hair, teeth: Everything down to our very cells. Again, and again getting rid of the old to make room for the new. Sprout, blossom, decay. Decay, blossom, sprout. A young girl picks a pretty flower: She wears it in her hair until it wilts and dies: Petals on the ground, the bud sinking into the dirt: Rain fertilizing the soil: A small seed cracking and sprouting: A short stem with a single leaf: Rain, bees, and sun. Bees, sun, and rain: A blossoming flower in the spring: A young girl picking the new flower, laying it in her hair. No start, no end. It is timeless, it is time itself. Time continues, forever the same; one second, two seconds, three seconds. One blink, two blinks, three blinks. Inhale, exhale, inhale. Sleep, wake, sleep. Until the end, from the start, and in between. Hypnotic patterns of veins, roots, nerves, and rivers. All connected through thoughts and dreams, a single vibration sent along a web of consciousnesses woven together by intention. Birth, life, death and I am expecting. A new thing grows inside me, but she is not a fetus anymore. She is not a dim prick of consciousness inside a uterus. She is who already was. She is what was broken and shattered. She is what was put together and healed. She is what I meditated to achieve. She is what I worked so hard to get back. I am expecting. I'm expecting myself. New, yet the same. I am expecting peace. I'm expecting what I made for myself. Old, yet never held. Life and death and finally, rebirth.