15 | 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄

NEW ROOMMATE

As your first nursing exam looms, you reached out to Mari, offering her a night at your apartment. She readily accepted, and upon her arrival at your morning class, she brought along a duffel bag filled with her essentials.

You assist Mari in carrying her overly packed bag as you both make your way through your apartment lobby and into the elevator. She trails closely behind you, and you can't help but voice your thoughts.

"It must've been a challenge for you to bring this bag all the way here from your home," you comment, offering a supportive smile. "You know, you can always leave some stuff behind so you're not constantly bringing things back and forth."

Mari responds with gratitude. "Really? Thanks!"

"You're welcome. I hope you're still considering possibly moving in?"

Mari's voice carries hope as she responds. "I've brought up the idea with my parents, so they're still considering it. It's great that we're lab partners. If it were someone completely random, I doubt they'd even be considering the idea at all, but I have a good feeling they'll grant me permission."

While Mari takes her bag off your shoulder, you search for your key and unlock your front door. "Welcome to my home," you say, inviting her inside. "It's rather empty, but I kind of like it that way."

Mari's shy demeanour changes as she steps into the minimally furnished space. "Oh," she says with a smile, "it's cute in here!"

"You mean boring?"

"No!"

"Hm... you mean bland then?"

Mari's grin widens as she playfully twirls around the room. "I really think it's cute! Although, I might add some more decorations if you don't mind."

"Be my guest," you respond, glad to have her here. "My home is your home."

Mari takes a moment to explore the kitchen, the small living area, and the hallway that leads to two bedrooms and a bathroom. She peeks into the master bedroom, already noticing your bed, desk, and decorated bookshelf, the room reflecting your unique style and personality.

And across the hall is an empty bedroom. It's a space you've graciously offered to her in the bustling city of Tokyo, something Mari hadn't anticipated at all until you brought it up.

"This is your room," you say, stepping inside and opening the closet to reveal ample space for her belongings. "I only have a futon for you, but maybe in the future we can invest in a bed and get you a desk."

Mari feels a sense of gratitude and warmth, not just for the room but for the kind friend who opened her heart and her home to her. "This is perfect. Thank you, for all of this."

"You're welcome," you reply with a warm smile, finding solace in the simple act of making one person happy amidst the chaotic whirlwind your life has become.

Leaving Kuroo's unit had been a challenge, especially after being bombarded with a flurry of messages from Ronan. His unexpected intrusion had left you feeling disheartened, and you'd offered countless apologies to Kuroo for letting your ex-boyfriend disrupt the moments you were sharing with him.

But, as always, Kuroo had been a reassuring presence, letting you know that it was okay.

And it's as if Kuroo can sense your thoughts when he suddenly knocks against the front door. "Oh! You have a visitor?"