Tiresome

It was late at night, the sky was dark and a low wind blew against the windows. You sighed heavily as you kept on working, completely shutting out any distraction.

Two more hours passed and you finally called it quits.  You shut your laptop off, took your glasses off and rested your head in your hands. A light touch to your shoulders startled you and you jumped.

"Easy, baby it's just me." came that deep, loving voice.

You turned, "Joon...I'm sorry I'm up so late, I really needed to get some work done."

He rubbed your shoulders, "It's okay, I know the feeling."

You sighed as he kept rubbing them, easing your stress.

"What time is it anyway?"

"Two in the morning."

"Really? Damn..I didn't realize, did you put her down?"

He stopped rubbing your shoulders, "You mean our daughter?"

You gave a light laugh, "Yes, her..sorry I'm really tired."

He kissed your cheek, "Yes I did, she's sound asleep. Come on, let's go to bed." and reached for your hand.

You took it,  "Okay." and helped you out of your chair.

He entwined your fingers, led you out of your office and to the bedroom. He stopped in front of the bed, helped you undress and gave you one of his shirts. You tossed it on, got into bed and he joined in.

You cuddled up close to him as he brought his hand to your cheek and caressed it.

"Why'd you have to work so late tonight?"

"Because my boss told me too..we've got a big meeting  coming up and I needed to be ready."

"That big huh?"

You sighed,  "Very..."

He dropped his hand from your cheek to your waist and pulled you closer.

"Have you given any more thought into my offer?"

You looked up at him, "You mean working for you and the guys?"

He nodded, you gave him a tired smile.

"Yeah, I'm going to take it, I just need to get through this last meeting and then I'm giving them my two weeks."

His dimpled smile danced on his face as he gave your forehead a sweet kiss.

"Always finishing what you started, I love you for that."

Your eyes met his, "I know." and gave him a sweet kiss.

He kissed you back, making it longer and deeper. You pressed up against him as his hand ran up and down your side, to your thigh and squeezed it tight.

Before anything could escalate, a soft cry came from the hallway and you both broke the kiss.

He dropped his hand, "She's awake? Something must of startled her."

You sighed and started to get up, "I'll go get her."

He caught your hand, "I can go get her."

"Are you sure, Joon? I can still get her too."

He smiled, "Nah, you stay here. I got this." and got out of bed and walked out.

He came back into the room minutes later, carrying your daughter at his side and walked over to the bed.

He handed her to you, "Go by your mom."

Your daughter rubbed her tired eyes as you held your arms out and she crawled over, you kissed her forehead.

"You're okay sweetie, I'm right here." and cuddled her close.

Her eyes started to close as Joon got back into bed next you, wrapped his arms around you and held you both close. He ran his hand over her hair as she finally fell back to sleep and kissed her cheek.

You smiled, held out your free hand and cupped his cheek.

"I think she just wanted to be near us."

He covered your hand with his, "I think so too, she's just like you."

"And you, she's got your dimples."

Blush rushed to his cheeks as he dropped your hands and laid down. You did the same, held your daughter close and gave him one last kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too, baby." and you both fell right to sleep, cuddling your daughter close.