Soon enough, the entire school knew about Malfoy and his 'incredibly brave experience'. A cut from a Hippogriff quickly turned into Malfoy defending the entire class from a violent and strong monster, getting fatally injured in the process.

"I was there, he was just fine ," I told Mary and Daphne one day, "By the time I left the hospital wing, he was already pouring himself a cup of water!"

The three of us were sitting in a corner of the Entrance Hall, waiting for our next lesson. My first week at Hogwarts was nearly ending, and I was surprised how fast time was going. Perhaps it was because of the shock on my first day, but everything seemed quite boring now, as if I hadn't just joined this school and had so much to explore.

"Oh well, just consider it more time of not having to see him ," Mary said, "Let's just head to Defence Against the Dark Arts. Maybe if Madam Pomfrey isn't in there, we can throw a Dungbomb at Malfoy on the way."

I laughed and rolled my eyes, as if I had not wanted to do this.

"I have high hopes for Defence ," Daphne said excitedly, "I heard that Professor Lupin is a really good teacher. I've been waiting for his class for the whole week!"

"Cedric told me that his teaching method was different ," I said, "He just wings all of his lessons and doesn't really plan them out well."

Daphne scrunched up her nose, clearly not wanting anything to ruin her excitement for the class. We carried on jokingly bickering about whether or not his class would be good until we went past the hospital wing. 

Mary got a Dungbomb out of her pocket, with a wide grin on her face. She looked around for Madam Pomfrey, hesitating on whether or not to throw it. Daphne, who was far more responsible, looked at us nervously.

"Oh, if you are going to do it, at least be careful ," she hissed, hiding Mary away from the sight of a Hufflepuff prefect walking past.

"Thanks, that was close ," she muttered, raising her arm in the perfect arc to throw the Dungbomb.

Mary threw it hastily at Malfoy, who was hidden behind his blanket and pillows. We laughed silently, waiting for Malfoy to start coughing or reacting in some kind of way, but it didn't come.

"Did the Hippogriff take away his sense of smell?" Mary snorted.

Just then, I saw the hem of Madam Pomfrey's sleeve and I quickly moved myself in a position I couldn't be seen. Seeing my action, the other two also copied.

"Merlin, what is that smell?" I heard Madam Pomfrey say, clearly gagging, "I told that boy that he ought to wash off the mud on his uniform before getting in bed!"

My knees gave away as I started laughing silently, unable to stop. Daphne and Mary quickly dragged me to my feet and we began walking to class, all of us silent with laughter and excitement from that.

"Well, that was a waste of a Dungbomb ," Mary said, "It's getting harder and harder to get them these days, what with Filch being... well, Filch."

"At least Madam Pomfrey thinks Malfoy smells now ," I smirked, "Now that is a rumour I want to be spread. Except it's not really a rumour."

"I wonder where Malfoy's gone though ," Daphne said, "You don't think his injury has gotten so bad he had to go to St Mungo's or something?"

"His injury was not completely painless but it was definitely not that bad ," I said, "But I guess we'll soon know. Crabbe and Goyle will definitely say something."

We headed into the classroom and sat down on a table. As I began to take my books out, I saw no other than Draco Malfoy walk into the room with Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy behind him.