𝟎. can i dream for a few months more?

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Under cover of moon and stars, Elia Martell of Dorne bundled in her darkest scarves and fled to the shadowiest corner of the Red Keep where the Master of Whisperers made his home. Varys had made it clear that none should know of their meeting that night, not even Rhaegar.

As if he would listen to me, Elia had thought to herself, he seems to prefer the company of the pretty Stark.

She was not bitter. Disappointed perhaps but not bitter. Men always took they wanted. They screamed in the sun while women whispered while women whispered under the moon. She hoped Lyanna Stark would learn how to whisper. As Elia was doing in this very moment.

The moment she reached Varys' door, it opened in her face. 

"Good evening your majesty." The master of whispers said as he ushered her through the door, closing it quickly after her. "Have you brought them?"

"This meeting would be quite useless without them." Elia retorted, removing the scarves that covered the bundle clutched close to her chest. Her children.

Arianna and Aegon. One with the golden hair of her father and the other with a tuft of brown like his mother. Her daughter was curled into her brothers side and Aegon seemed to be clutching her close to him, as though he could not bear to leave her side. It tugged at Elia's heart strings for she know what may happen that night.

"Good." Varys stated, turning to the shadowy table in the corner where Elia now noticed two figures seemed to be looming in the darkness. "She may be Dornish but she does not bite. Come."

From the dimly lit corner, Elia's eyes set on a man and woman. The woman was the most beautiful woman Elia had ever seen with a heart-shaped face, and thick and curly silver-gold hair that she wore long. Although she had two mismatched eyes — one dark blue, the other bright green — it seemed that the "defect" only enhanced her beauty. The woman sent her a smile, there was a glint in her eye as she did so which made Elia uneasy.

She did not trust many silver haired folk these days.

The man had a shock of red hair atop his head but he was clean shaven with a lined, leathery face with crow's feet at the corners of his pale, blue eyes. He towered over those in the room and  it took everything in Elia not to step back.

"My Princess, these lovely people are Shiera Seastar and Jon Connington." Varys explained, gesturing to man and woman in turn. "They will be the carers for your children."

"Together?"

"Sadly not, your highness." Varys said, a pitying look on his features as he glanced at Elia. 

"The suspicion would be too high." The gruff voice of the man she now knew as Jon Connington broke the silence. "I take the little prince."

"And I the princess." Shiera said, her voice low and lovely like a crashing wave. Her pale hand reached out to Arianna. "I have always wanted a little girl of my own."

Elia stepped away before the woman's hand could brush her daughters head. Her daughter.

Shiera's hand pulled away carefully, studying the Dornish princess before her.

The silence was deafening.

"What we can all agree on, is that all we want is the safety and survival of the Prince and Princess. " Varys said slowly, stepping between the two women. "And suspicions shall arise if two Valyrian twins are seen side by side. You do not want that, do you your majesty?"

Elia was silent. What she wanted was to keep the close. Keep them together. She didn't want them to know another mother other than her. She didn't want them not to know their other half.

But she wanted them to live most of all.

"Yes." Elia said, holding them a little closer to her breast. "Quite."

"Good. " Varys nodded. "Then I am sorry, my princess but now you must say your goodbyes."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.