Promises

Leah's pov
It's been just over 9 months since me and the lionesses won the euros and things couldn't be better! I recently moved in with Grayson and celebrated his birthday. I had another endometriosis flare up which my lovely boyfriend made me feel like a princess through. I told him the truth behind my endometriosis diagnosis and how it could be difficult to have kids in the future and he was extremely supportive and just a brilliant boyfriend through it all and we've booked a holiday to Mykonos to celebrate our nine month anniversary! Although recently I've been thinking about my future as a football player and I don't know what I want to do with my life I know at some point I want to have kids or at least try to have kids and now that I'm nearing 26 I feel like soon would be the best time to settle down, get married, start a family (somehow) buy our first house just all of these things and I know I've found the most perfect man to spend the rest of my life with.

About an hour later
Leah- Gray? Can we talk?
Grayson- hi beautiful what's up?
Leah- I've been thinking a lot about my football career. Arsenal offered me a new contract but now I'm almost 26 I want to settle down and do all the things normal 26 year olds would do
Grayson- oh yeah? Like what?
Leah- you know getting married having kids buying our first home together
*said before letting out a sigh*
Leah- sorry I know how stupid all this sounds just forget I said anything
Grayson- Lea you don't sound stupid at all and I did want to wait till we were in Greece for this but
*he gets a small velvet box from his bedside table*
Grayson- Leah I'm not sure how I could have survived without your encouragement and joy, without listening to you laugh at anything and anyone and watching you dance when you believe no one is looking. I enjoy dreaming with you because you understand me as no one else could. I adore caring for you when you're sick and when you call me at work just because you want cuddles. You're the reason I get out of bed every morning and when I come to one of your games and see how amazing you are at what you do it inspires me to accomplish amazing things, and to strive to improve. You are my motivation, my inspiration, and my aspiration. You understand what happiness is and where it is concealed better than anyone else. We both want a colorful and memorable life, and we can make our dreams come true if we work together. That's when I knew I want you for the rest of my life. Now I know I've made so many promises over the last nine months but there are so many more I need to say. I promise I'll always be there for you no matter what happens, I promise to be your rock through everything no matter how silly you think it is, I promise I'll always protect you from anything. I promise I'll care for you especially when you're crying on the floor in agony because of your endometriosis but most of all I promise to love you forever and ever so...
Leah Catherine Williamson will you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?
*he looks up at Leah who has tears pouring down her face*
Leah- WHAT A STUPID QUESTION! OF COURSE I'LL MARRY YOU!
*Grayson puts the ring on her finger*
Grayson- come here my queen
*Leah leans forward and feels his soft lips against hers*
Leah- who knew someone could make me cry this much when I'm not upset
Grayson- who knew I'd be so lucky to officially call someone as stunning as you my fiancé

About an Hour later
Leah- Gray am I ok to post a photo of my ring on instagram?
Grayson- of course you are my love

@leahwilliamsonn

Liked by katie_mccabe11 and 69,505 others Caption- 🤍View all 1,393 Comments

Caption- 🤍
View all 1,393 Comments

katie_mccabe11- OMG GRAY AND LEAH CONGRATS!!! LOVE YOU BOTH LOADS CANT WAIT FOR YOUR BIG DAY!! ❤️
arsenalwfc- congrats skipper ❤️
Lionesses- WHO'S CUTTING ONIONS?! 🥺
CONGRATS LEAH AND GRAYSON 🫶❤️
Bethmead_- MY LEA LEA! YOURE GOING TO BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BRIDE EVER SENDING ALL MY LOVE AND CUDDLES UNTIL I NEXT SEE YOU ❤️

Leah's pov
I honestly can't believe what a day I've had! Who would have thought thinking about my future with my "boyfriend" would turn into me now thinking about my future with my fiancé honesty I feel like the most lucky girl in the world and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us