Old Habits, getting found out

Part two to my "Old habits fie hard" fic.

A couple weeks in the human realm passed and Amity's weight started to decrease tremendously. She used to be 115 but now she's 90. Luckily, since Luz was at school most of the time, she never noticed how Amity never ate lunch or ate very small portions of meals.

However, one evening was when Luz started to catch on. They were eating dinner and Amity seemed to be gobbling everything down. Her hands and body were shaking incredibly. 

"Ay Dios, slow down, you'll choke!" Camila pointed out.

"S-sorry," she stuttered and set her fork down. She went to pick up her glass of water but her hand shook too much and it slipped. It hit the table and shattered, spilling water and glass shards into her lap and the tablecloth.

"Oh titan, I am so sorry! I'll fix it, I swear. " she grabbed the pieces off her lap and table. They cut into her skin but she ignored it and clenched them. 

"Batata, you're cutting yourself!" Luz force opened Amity's palms. They were bleeding and glass shards stuck out of them.

"Let's get you cleaned up," she pulled Amity over to the counter and got out tweezers. While she was getting the glass out, guilt washed over Amity. Not only did she break the glass, but she ate too much too! Her stomach felt really uncomfortable and she knew it was stupid and selfish to eat all of Camila's food. She couldn't help herself though. She hadn't eaten anything all day and the food was really good. But that didn't stop her from feeling bad. What if her progress was ruined? What if she would gain more weight? What if Camila threw her out?! These 'what if' scenarios plagued her mind. 

Guilt and uneasiness were the two big emotions she was feeling. She felt bad that she ate. Not necessarily because of Camilas food, but because she ate. She shouldn't be eating. That's what Odalia had taught her. If she ever wanted to be normal, then she could at least try and look normal. 

Since she was a little chubby when she was younger, Odalia constantly reminded her how easy it was for her to gain weight. 

While Luz was busy cleaning her wound, Amity's foot tapped rapidly against the floor and her heart rate increased.

"You okay? You seem to be stress stimming," Luz observed. Amity perked up at this and tried to lie her way out.

"Uhh no! I'm fine, I just… really need to use the bathroom! That's it," she tried to play off. 

"Hm, well okay, I'll let you go when I'm done cleaning this," Then Luz seemed to be cleaning it slower. Amity really didn't have the patience for this. But she needed to be so no one would suspect anything.

Finally, after what felt like ages, Luz was done. Amity practically sprinted upstairs.

'Why is she using the upstairs bathroom?' Luz thought. But she remembered that she still had on the drenched shirt and realized she was probably changing.

When Amity got to the bathroom, she almost slammed the door. Quickly, she turned her side to face the mirror and lifted up her shirt just above stomach and bottom of her rib cage. Horror rain through her vains as she noticed her stomach looked even bigger than the last time she checked. Her heart beat increased. She felt as if any moment, Odalia would come in and yell at her for letting herself go. 

To get rid of this horrible feeling, Amity grabbed her toothbrush that Camila bought for her, opened the toilet lid, and shoved the tip in the back of her throat. Her body jumped but nothing came out. She did it again and about half her meal left. But that wasn't good enough for her. She shoved and hit her reflex point so many times that she started to cough up stomach bile.

When she finally decided she was done, she flushed the toilet. After cleaning her face, hands, and the toothbrush, she brushed her teeth and then went to change out of her soaked shirt. However, when she opened the door, she found out that it wasn't fully closed. Had someone opened it? She was pretty sure she shut it. Though, she simply decided to ignore it.

When she got to the bedroom, she saw none other than Luz sitting on her bed, with her laptop out and searching something online.

Amity thanked Titan that she was gifted with silent retching. Luz, however, seemed very out of it. She didn't even notice her walk in. So Amity sat next to her and accidentally scared her. Luz slammed her laptop shut when she noticed her. But that didn't stop Amity from seeing a little bit of what she was searching. The only words she saw was "how do you know if" and the word "Anorexic". Amity had no clue what Anorexic meant but she hoped it wasn't about her.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Uhh school work," Luz lied. The truth was, she saw Amity purposely puking a couple minutes ago. Worry and concern got to the best of her and she had to know how to help. So she search up "how to know if someone is Anorexic" so far, she saw that Amity had a little bit of the symptoms. She wouldn't necessarily starve herself almost to death. Luz saw Amity during dinner most of the time. But it was still on the table.

"You want to change? I can leave-" 

"No, it's okay, Luz. I don't mind. But can you just turn around?" Amity cut her off.

"Uh, ok," 

Amity grabbed a new shirt and shorts and began changing. However, Luz was, not gonna lie, a bit curious and peaked. She was 14 and kind of wondered what Amity's body looked like. But she did not expect to see a lot of bone and barely any flesh. It was just as she feared. Amity might have an eating disorder.

Time skip because I like cliffhangers when I write.

During the rest of the week, Luz made sure to notice and identify certain things she would usually miss. She would check how many times she ate and how many calories. She even texted her mom during her lunch period to check if Amity had eaten lunch at all. And surprise, surprise, she hadn't. All week. So after doing a couple maths she found out that Amity would only eat about 300-600 calories a day. She would pay attention to whenever she would eat and was very disappointed. So, knowing that she was not the best at helping with mental stuff, as she had problems of her own, she decided to console her mom.

"She's doing what?!" Camila practically yelled. Boy was Luz glad she talked to her mom when everyone was in the cabin.

"Yeah… I noticed how she wasn't eating and I even caught her purging with a toothbrush once. I did some math and her calorie intake is about 300-600 a day," Luz told her.

"Dios mio, that is not good. I was wondering why she was getting so pale!" Camila spoke to herself out loud.

"I was thinking that we should talk to her about this. We can't bring her to a hospital to get her checked up, either…" Luz said.

"I think I can check her blood sugar but that's all I'll be able to do. And yes, we will talk to her about this." Camila hugged Luz tightly. She pulled her away after a couple seconds and ruffled her hair.

"Alright, let's go get her,"