Cloud Nine

Macaque was expecting his meditation place thing to greet him in silence and comforting peace.

He would take off his outer flowy coat, loosen up his belt, take off his armors and then get comfortable in the long couch to get back to work.

He was expecting peace, damn it. What he wasn't expecting was a four feet tall shitty ginger occupying his favourite couch.

Sun wukong, "the great sage", was spread over his couch, his own armors hung up on the headrest, his shirt unbuttoned a quarter way, his shoes lying messily on the floor, and his eyes firmly shut.

The bastard was actually asleep.

Macaque walked over to him and poked him in the stomach, "wukong, wake up. What the hell are you doing here? You know you can't just waltz in here anymore, right?"

The ginger's eyes opened almost immediately; he was a light sleeper after all. He mumbled, bleary-eyed, "I made you coffee."

The younger one turned to look at his table, and sure enough there was a cup of coffee on top of it.

When he went to actually examine said cup of coffee, he could tell that the coffee was still somewhat warm.

He took a sip and made a face; it was unbelievably salty. His idiot had put in salt instead of sugar.

Macaque sighed as he walked back over to the sage on couch, "How long have you been here?"

Wukong blinked, "Half an hour maybe? I don't know."

Macaqye sat down on the floor next to the couch, so his face was on the same level as wukong's body. He checked the other's forehead for fever, "You're hot."

His husband managed a grin, "I know, mac"

Macaque snorted as he started loosening his belt (again) and taking off his cape, "Idiot, you're sick. Bad day?"

Wukong tried to shrug, "I guess. It  rained for a few hours or so, I was too tired to get shelter."

Macaque frowned, "You were drenched for hours. Of course you're sick."

Wukong hummed, "I've been sick."

Macaque sighed, "Sick or depressed, shithead?"

Wukong, of course, tried to grin, "Both."

Macaque pressed a kiss to the other's hair, "Could've told me." He wasn't trying to make wukong tell him every time he got a depressive episode.

He just wanted him to know that it was an option. Of course, it was a given, considering they were married and all.

But wukong had never had it easy with opening about his feelings and stuff, even to the people he cared about. His partner had always known that, though.

Wukong tilted his face to breathe a bit more freely, "I didn't want to bother you."

Macaque groaned, "Asshole, you could never bother me. You're okay with messing up my cape collection and trying to burn down our kitchen four days a week, but you don't want to tell me shit like this?! I hope you know that you messing up my capes, which I spend hours arranging, by the way, is actually bothersome, right? This is not."

Wukong finally managed to crack a grin. A minute later, he was on his back, laughing loudly, choking with the sound of it.

Macaque couldn't help but join in too. At least he'd laughed. That clearly meant he was feeling better.

Macaque leaned forward to kiss his husband, "Feel a little better?"

Wukong brought up his hand to rake his fingers through Macaque's jet black hair, "Yeah. Mango~ Let's eat ice cream!"