chapter 1: the past

Beyonce pov:
14 years ago
I sat alone in my dressing room, my thoughts racing as i stared at the pregnancy test in my trembling hands. The result was unmistakable, and my heart ached. I was pregnant, but the child was not Jay-Z's. This was a secret i have to kept from the world, a consequence of a momentary lapse in my marriage

My mind was filled with guilt and confusion, and i knew i can't bring this child into my life with Jay-Z, knowing the truth. The weight of the secret pressed down on me like an unbearable burden.
So i decided that the best course of action is to give the child up for adoption. I believe it is the only way to protect my family and the child from the consequences of my actions.
And after 5 hard months of traveling to stay away from Jay-Z so he wouldn't notice my belly it was time to give birth .

In the quiet solitude of the hospital room, i lay there, my hand resting gently on my still-swollen belly, and my heart heavy with an unimaginable secret. I had given birth to a beautiful baby without my husband's knowledge, a secret held close for fear of shattering your marriage.

The baby's cries filled the room, but my own sobs were drowned out by the weight of my decision. I had known from the beginning that this child could not be a part of my life with my husband. The secret, the guilt, the burden-each weighed on me like a thousand bricks.

With a trembling hand, i signed the adoption papers, tears streaming down my face as i let go of the child i had brought into the world. I hoped that this choice would lead to a better life for the baby, even though it tore my heart in two.

The days, weeks, and months that followed were filled with a mix of grief, regret, and the unspoken truth. My husband remained blissfully unaware, but my heart ached with the knowledge of the child i had given up and the secret that now defined my life.
I didn't even know her gender until she was born and I named her y/n and since then I never saw her