14. blame it on the alcohol

a.n: hi!! sorry for this fic's very long absence of updates- i really like this chapter, so i'm putting as much work into it as i can. BUT... i thought i'd split it so you guys can actually read something after, like, months of having nothing.

also, i've been re-writing a few older chapters because i didn't like some of the things i missed/didn't include, so if some things don't make much sense plot-wise, then that's probably why.

happy 2K reads for happier!! thank you SO much to anybody reading right now. i will always be grateful for anything you guys leave on my chapters and all of your reads mean a lot to me <3

final notice! i haven't done an in-depth spelling/grammar check, so all mistakes will be fixed when i have time. enjoy!!

__________________

Zoe spent the rest of the night playing tracks, socialising with the elderly who were tuned in and adapting to running The Creaky Joints as a whole. It improved her Valentine's Day/Birthday- and, for someone who doesn't particularly enjoy speaking to strangers, talking to the mic felt much more natural than Zoe imagined.

At school the next day, she was attempting to avoid Puck like the plague. So, when she shut her locker door and Mike appeared, it stunned her more than usual.

"Jesus, Mike!" Zoe exclaimed and put her hand on her chest.

"Sorry about that," he slightly chuckled. "I just came to say that my dad wanted to thank you- he was really happy when he found out you took the job."

"Oh, it's fine. I had a lot of fun last night. It was a good experience,"

"So, what's it like now that you're a super famous radio host?" Mike smirked, gripping the straps of his bag.

"I don't let the fame get to my head,"

They spotted Tina in the distance and both started to walk down the hallway together, still talking. Behind them, Coach Sylvester was marching down the hallway like a tornado- the sound of her wrath chased them through the corridor.

"Hi!" Tina smiled and waved at them.

Soon enough, she had caught up as they started speaking to Tina. With one big push, Tina was shoved into Zoe and Mike by the woman, leaving the three stumbling into the block of lockers behind them. Being shoved like that brought back some bad memories for Zoe, but it didn't mess her around as much as they used to.

The three exchanged confused looks between them.

"Is she okay?" Mike frowned.

"I have no clue," Zoe responded. "I'll see you at lunch, I guess?"

As soon as Zoe began to leave, Puck showed up. He had seen her and started rapidly approaching.

"Zoe, I've been looking for you everywhere!" Puck exasperated. "Look, you're just so closed off all of the time, can we just talk? For like a second?"

She gave in; Puck had a point, and this whole 'avoiding him' thing was tiresome.

"Of course we can," she agreed, waiting for what he was going to say.

At first, she thought he was going to break things off, which filled her with an odd sense of relief. Yet again, it would've been quite embarrassing, though not as embarrassing as what actually came out of his mouth.

"About last night... am I doing something wrong when we have sex?" he loudly announced.

Zoe's eyes widened in pure humiliation.

"Like, don't get me wrong, underneath the baggy sweaters you wear, you're really hot. It reminds me of this one Playboy bunny- I forget her name- but that's the thing... I can't remember because I don't get to see the full thing!"