Chapter 1: Mr. Night

Some time after the string trio became stuck in space, they were so tired that they fell asleep, to the point where they didn't even notice.

Melvyn was the first to wake up.

Wow... I fell asleep??? Huh... I didn't even know that! he thought to himself.

Melvyn had calmed down, and he was feeling fine. Not exactly happy per se— but he wasn't freaking out like how he was before his nap. He looked at all of the stars and lights.

You know, he thought to himself, this place is actually really pretty and mesmerizing!

Sometime after, Hugh happened to wake up.

"Huh??" he said, surprised to still be in space.

Melvyn turned to look at him.

"Hugh! You're awake!!" Melvyn delightfully exclaimed. Hugh turned to face Melvyn, bewildered.

"What???" he asked, confused.

Melvyn became confused himself.

"You... woke up from a nap...? I guess we all fell asleep without knowing it..." he said awkwardly.

Realizing this, Hugh looked up.

"Oh no... I almost thought this was all just a bad dream for a second... but no... it's not..." he complained, "oh how I wish it was..."

Melvyn just looked at him with his eyebrows scrunched in concern.

Hugh began to cry.

"Oh Hugh... it'll be okay..." Melvyn said, trying to comfort him. He wrapped his arm around him in a friendly manner.

"No it won't..." the other cellist said between sobs.

"Yes it will be! I-I'm sure!!" Melvyn said, becoming nervous.

Hugh didn't say anything and continued sobbing.

Fed up with this, Melvyn started crying too—because: he started to think that maybe it won't be okay. Or maybe it will be okay. The uncertainty of the situation frustrated and scared him.

Mik woke up too, and heard the other two crying, so he turned to look at them.

"Guys...? What's going on... i-is everything... alright...?" he asked, uneasy.

"We're not going to be okay, Mik—nothing will ever be okay... nothing will be alright!" Hugh exclaimed somberly.

Frightened, Mik flinched.

"W-what... are you... talking about?" he asked awkwardly.

"I don't have the heart to tell you mate!" Hugh replied.

Poor Mik was greatly confuzzled.

"H-he's upset because we're stuck in space..." said Melvyn.

"That I know of, but why is he still crying?" Mik asked softly.

"Well uh... we all fell asleep without being aware of it because... o-of the stress I guess and Hugh figured it was a bad dream but it wasn't. So when he woke up he got very upset when I started talking to him," Melvyn replied, sniffling.

"Ah, that explains the gap of time that I felt I lost... and how I weirdly feel better," Mik replied, less confused.

"How in the world are you keeping track of time up here???" Hugh nitpicked.

Awkwardly, Mik rolled down his shiny emerald colored sleeve and showed Hugh his watch.

Hugh nodded and face planted into his own hands.