1

In the soft glow of the evening, Taehyung's voice carried a tender promise as he leaned in to whisper into Soo-Joon's ear. "I'll see you tonight, my love," he murmured, his breath mingling with the crisp winter air as Taehyung rubbed his shoulders making him grunt. "I have a special gift for you and a surprise that will leave you breathless." Soo-Joon's eyes sparkled with anticipation, a warm smile gracing his lips as he squeezed Taehyung's hand in affectionate gratitude.

"I'll be waiting for my surprise then baby," he said as he planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

Taehyung smiled as the white oversized shirt fell off his shoulder. "Bye," Taehyung waved off as he shut the door.

He sat down on the chair as he stared at the night admiring the city lights even though it seemed as though the city was holding its breath, waiting for something sinister to unfurl amidst the glittering skyline.

Taehyung's gaze lingered on the mesmerizing lights, a faint chill crept into the air, carrying with it an unsettling premonition that all was not as it seemed.

The distant echoes of sirens began to pierce the silence, their shrill wails slicing through the tranquil night. Taehyung's heart quickened, a subtle unease settling in the pit of his stomach, urging him to remain vigilant despite the allure of the starlit horizon. With a deep breath, he pushed aside his growing apprehension, reminding himself of the surprise awaiting Seo-Jin. He wanted him home now even though he left a couple of minutes ago.

The city's symphony of sirens crescendoed into a cacophony of chaos, Taehyung's instincts urged him to pay attention, to heed the ominous warning that whispered through the night, threatening to shatter the fragile tranquility that enveloped the city. With a lingering sense of foreboding, he rose from his seat, his eyes scanning the darkened streets with a newfound wariness, bracing himself for the unknown and unfathomable horrors that awaited him beyond the safety of his doorstep.

Taehyung cautiously stepped onto the frost-coated pavement, and a series of thunderous thumps reverberated through the corridor, accompanied by blood-curdling screams that seemed to slice through the cold night air. His heart hammered against his chest, each beat matching the frantic rhythm of the chaos unfolding just beyond the confines of the hotel's threshold.

A flicker of concern danced in his eyes as he peered through the dimly lit alleyway, his breath forming wisps of vapor in the wintry chill. The once bustling street had transformed into a scene of pandemonium, a throng of panicked figures darting frantically in every direction, their horrified cries blending into a cacophony of terror that seemed to consume the night itself.

Taehyung inched closer to the commotion, his curiosity mingling with a growing sense of fear. His steps quickened as he attempted to discern the cause of the scene that had descended upon Seoul.

He tried to reach out to those inquiring about those fleeing in distress, but a surge of frenzied bodies pushed against him, their panicked momentum sending Taehyung sprawling to the ground. Disoriented and bewildered, he found himself cast adrift amidst a sea of stampeding feet, his voice lost amidst the chorus of terrified screams that enveloped him. With a stunned realization dawning upon him, Taehyung's pulse quickened, a chilling understanding taking root in his mind, he was no longer a mere spectator to the chaos, but an unwitting participant in the nightmarish symphony of the undead that had descended upon the unsuspecting city.