Chapter: 16 The Energon Mineshaft

Chapter: 16

Swiftrunner's POV:

It was never a dull moment in the Decepticon's warship. 

It was time for my first outing as a recon bot for the Decepticon and guess whose bright idea it was. Starscream's idea as I gave Soundwave a worried look, but he only gave an encouraging nod, but his metal was straighter than usual. I didn't pay attention to it and we set out to the mine that had a signal of energon coming from it. I was setting out Lord Megatron and Starscream. This was probably the moment that I was going to get buried or have my energon siphon out of me. 

We came to the cave entrance and I glanced around wondering how far we were from everyone. Megatron was talking to Starscream as the blundering fool was making up some lame excuses. Without hesitation, I followed Megatron into the dark cave as Starscream's cowardice was showing once more. So, we both turned to him while Megatron said, "Indulged us, Starscream." 

As we filed into the long tunnels of the mining cave, I thought I heard something, but it must have been Starscream's long sighs which was causing me annoyance. Megatron turned his head to look at me before asking, "So, why is it that you decided to join us, Swiftrunner?" 

"As Knockout says, we are on the winning team after all." I smirk up at my so-called Lord while continuing, "I lost everyone in the war that ravaged our home, I wanted revenge, but to see us one day blooming into power again." 

"Why can't you be more like her, Starscream?" Megatron was pleased with my answer and that only made Starscream angry, but it pleased me that I gave the correct answer to the evil lord of the Decepticons. 

We came into the large open area of a tunnel and the first thing that caught our optics was the drilling mechanisms. So, Starscream had been doing this before I came along and before Ratchet was able to find this one. It seems that he has been hard at work. The only thing that seemed to set Megatron off was that Starscream failed to secure every drop of the energon source. For some reason, it pleases me to see a sniveling coward down on his knees in front of a lord like Megatron, but justice was always served differently. 

As he was busy pleading for his life, I couldn't help, but look around the mine deposit while taking in the large open span of area. I didn't see any energon lying around here as I turned my optics back to the scene before me and before he was able to make a decision. Starscream's sniveling form seemed to freeze and I was confused. I turn to look behind me and my energon runs cold as well. Arcee and my optics clashed together as surprise filled the space between us, Jack was surprised too. 

Before we were able to do anything or say anything, Megatron started to use his blaster and I ducked out of the way while rolling to one side while the sniveling little coward was glancing between him and an opening in the cave wall. I knew what he was about to do. As he shouted after Starscream, he was distracted as Jack met my optics and I used my hand to motion to go get out of there. He nodded, but Arcee wasn't listening to Jack as she used her blaster to attack Megatron. 

A frustrated sigh escaped from my lips as I had to turn my blaster on them as well that was one thing that I didn't want to do, but it was for the show. I blasted them but avoided hitting directly and Jack knew what I was doing as well. Megatron was in a rage from Starscream ditching them as well as an Autobot and a human was here in this shaft along with us. The ceiling started to crumble all around us as I stood up from my crouch position only to feel rocks crumbling on top of us and Arcee's painful expression. 

After that, I don't remember much of what had happened.

-(-

I must have gone offline because when I came to again everything was whirling through me and resetting everything. My optics were blurry and I couldn't see anything in front of me until they cleared. There was a strange ringing that I was hearing as well, but after shaking my head. The ringing seemed to stop as I glanced around to see that I had rocks tumble onto me. I tried to move forward on my knees only to grunt as my leg was caught underneath the massive rumble. I was caught and I knew I couldn't transform. I was stuck. 

A soft groan escaped from me as I tried again. Again and again. It only strains my cords and another soft grunt escapes from me. I slapped my fist against the ground while cursing that stupid fool who got us into this mess! My head met the ground as the rest of my cybertronian metal did as well. There was no way that I was getting out of here on my own. Maybe, it was for the better. After all, I did little good on being on either side. I wasn't a team player. I had always been on my own.