Chapter 8

A week passed. Taehyung went to Tokyo and came back before you know it. He spent the next few days helping you and his mom planning the party at your house. You were making progress at work and soon were appointed as a team leader aside from Namjoon for a small fashion show. The experience was great and everyone praised you for your hard work. 

The designs Namjoon showed you and asked your help with were also getting a makeover and were now pleasantly stylish with a few touches here and there. He had put forward a word to Hyuna about holding his own fashion show once his designs would be done which was still in the process but both him and you were hopeful. 

On days when Taehyung couldn't pick you up, Namjoon would insist on dropping you off on his bike. You were getting used to his vehicle and the feeling riding it would give you. Taehyung wasn't aware of your budding friendship with Namjoon and at the same time, you weren't sure if Namjoon is aware that you're married to his family friend. 

Taehyung's mother had organized almost everything herself because she wanted everything to be perfect. You would come back and help her with choosing the right drinks or finalizing the menu for the party but everything else was on her. She hadn't even told you what flavor of cake she's planning to have. Or if she's planning to have a cake at all!!

2 days before your anniversary, your mother-in-law took you shopping. She brought you to her jeweler and asked her for a custom made bracelet she'd ordered for you. It was her and your father-in-law's present for you. You loved the jewelry so much. It was so beautiful with emerald green rhinestones and diamonds. It was the most beautiful piece of jewelry you've ever gotten. 

"This is so beautiful mom" you said, admiring the bracelet in your hands

"This is so beautiful mom" you said, admiring the bracelet in your hands. She had exquisite taste in jewelry and it was proved yet again. 

"I think green suits you the most. It goes well with your eyes" your mother-in-law complimented you, patting at your arm adoringly. She was the most genuine human being ever. 

"Thank you so much. I love it. Thank you" you were about to tear up. She hugged you and both of you shared a moment. Later that day, she took you to a restaurant and treated you to your favorite cronuts. There, you two decided on the guest list and wrote down names of whoever would need a casual invitation and who'd need a proper one. 

The list went on and on. Both of you got back home where Taehyung and his father were talking business. Taehyung's eyes landed on you and he didn't blink for the entire time you passed the two men to go to the study room. 

You and your mother-in-law prepared lunch and both the couples ate together. After the two elders left, Taehyung excused the two of you and took you to his study room.

"Do you have time this evening?" He asked, playing with his wedding ring nervously.

"Yes. I'm free after meeting with the decorator. Why do you ask?" You were confused at his sudden question.