The Charity Ball

Who says money can't buy happiness?
I don't see anyone crying while boarding a cruise.

This was the mindset of a particular young billionaire, getting ready for what is supposed to be the biggest charity event of the season. A time of extravagance and to show off those gold watches.

"Mr. Park, it's time." Said a tall slender woman with the cheeks of strawberries.

30 minutes later, a sleek black and shiny limo pulled up to the gala. Everyone awaiting the great Park Jimin.

A butler opened the door and like lightning, flashes of light devoured the scene, combined with the screaming of fans. Almost in slow motion, Mr. Park exited the vehicle, straightening his 3 million dollar silver suit jacket.

Cameras were flashing on either side of the red carpet and he walked towards the building, with his two bodyguards following close behind.

He entered the building and like a moth to a flame, many dignitaries walked over to him.

"I'm so delighted that you could join us, Mr Park." Said and elderly woman dressed in the finest clothing. They exchanged smiles and she walked away.

The vice president of the charity event came up to him with a glass of champagne. "Welcome, Mr Park! Its been so long hasn't it?"  He said, giving the glass to him.

"It most definitely has" Mr Park said, smiling softly. "Well, I've got to go and get this party started. It was good seeing you." He said and walked off.

Mr Park handed the glass to one of his bodyguards and they gave it back to the waiter. They walked ahead towards the tables and Mr Park took a seat facing directly to the stage.

The lights were dimmed and a spotlight lit the stage. A overweight man in his mid forties dressed in a silk white suit with studded jewels was standing at the lectern, about to give a welcoming speech.

"Greetings and welcome to the grandest charity Ball of the season. Thank you so much for attending. Be sure that tonight is going to make your millions with it, and that no amount is too much." This made a few guests laugh.

"Tonight's pick of charities is hand selected and the only the most charitable takes first place. Please, enjoy the evening, and let's put those who are last, first!" There was a huge rumbling applause and the lights brightened again.

A tall slender young woman covered in diamonds made her way onto the stage to commence the event.

"Good evening, I'm sure you know how this works, but tonight there is a twist. If you can cover at least 4 out of the 7 charities, you get a grand prize worthy of a millionaire."

Some murmuring and chatters of excitement occurred between the guests. A waiter came up to Mr. Park and offered him a drink. His bodyguard took the drink and placed it on the table.

The waiter walked off just as the woman started to speak again.

"Let's begin, I will name a charity and a starting bid of 500 thousand and you indicate weather you'll be paying. See if you can beat the others or get beaten by them. Let's begin."

Mr Park took a deep breath and the room was quiet.

"Starting from 7, Red Cross orphanage, start your bids."

"800 thousand" A woman in a pink suit and fedora hat lifted her board.

"Thats 800 thousand on the board. Do I hear 900 thousand?"

"1 million" an elderly man rose his board.

"1 million! Can anyone beat that score?"

"10 million"