Chapter 9: Longing Want & Jealousy

3rd POV

No interaction. That's all there was between Jacob and Alec after their altercation. It caused many people to feel down, all except Bella. She was ecstatic when she found out. Though, she kept her contentment away from Jake.

Charlie himself has been sad because the boys are not talking. It felt unrealistic to live in a house where Alec is smiling or making jokes like he always does. It doesn't feel right.

Lilith, ideally, saw where both boys were coming from in the argument. A piece of herself felt lost knowing how her brother felt. She felt the same when her and the Elijah situation happened. She's tried to help Alec, but he pushes her away and says he's fine.

Everyone just longs for the sweet couple to get back together. One day at a time.

Jake's POV

Days have passed since Alec and I's argument. I continued to help Bella to pass time and keep my mind off my relationship.

We're currently going to test ride them as we have finally finished, well, I finished. To make conversation in the silent car, I begin to speak to Bella. "If I told you I couldn't have fixed these bikes, what would you have said?" I ask her curiously.

She looks between the road and I, clicking her tongue. "Are you doubting your mad skills?" She asks jokingly.

I begin to smile a bit as Alec has once said those words to me. "No. Definitely not. I mean, they'll run fine. It's just, maybe if I was smart, I would have dragged out the rebuild a bit," I explain, looking down sadly.

Truth be told, now that we've fixed the bikes, I'll have nothing to occupy my mind. I've never lasted this long away from Alec, and it physically hurts my heart.

My thoughts are cut off by Bella speaking up. "If you told me you couldn't fix these bikes, I would say that that's really too bad, but that we're just gonna have to find something else to do," she says and then looks over at me. What does she mean by that last part?

I begin to laugh softly because of my nervousness. "Is that Sam Uley?" Bella asks, pointing up ahead towards the cliff most brave or idiotic people jump off on the Rez.

I let out a sigh just from hearing his name. "Yeah. Him and his cult," I respond bitterly. You can hear the sound of them yelling about. One of the cult members are then pushed off the cliff and into the water.

"Oh, my God," Bella gasps and swerves her car to the side, and it comes to a screeching halt. Bella immediately jumps out of the car to get a closer look. "Did you see that?"

I begin laughing at her dramatic reaction. "They're not really fighting, Bella. They're cliff diving. Scary as hell, but a total rush," I explain to her.

"A rush?" She questions, almost mesmerized as she stares down at the crashing waves.

"Most of us jump from lower down. We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples," I add on to my previous words.

Bella begins to walk back towards me. "You have some kind of beef with him or something?" She asks and stands beside me.

I give a stank look as I continue to stare in Sam's direction. "I don't know. They just think they run this place. Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids. Now look at him," I rant on.

"That's Embry?" Bella questions looking towards the boy, who has just jumped from the cliff.

I look to the side of her head. "Yeah," I answer.

"What happened to him?"

"He missed some school. Now all of a sudden, he started following Sam around like a little puppy. Same thing happened with Paul and Jared. Sam keeps giving me this look, like he's waiting for me or something. It's kind of starting to freak me out," I further explain to her.