The Traveler || Chapter One

"Wow, this is a long ride!!" Luke thought as Alfred drove through the countryside to Belcourt castle. "It was really nice of you to pick me up at train station, Alfred. You didn't have too, I would have made it to your castle." Luke said, staring at Alfred.

         Alfred looking through the rear view mirror, "It's not my castle, Sir Luke. It's my masters castle." Luke was puzzled when Alfred said that.

"Who is your master?" Luke asked.

"Sir Ashton's." Alfred replied without looking at the mirror this time. Luke was still confused, but he sits back wondering who is this "Sir Ashton," and why would he send his driver to pick him up? 

        Luke looks out the window seeing nothing but beautiful green fields, horses, cows, and the beautiful mountains. "We are here, Sir Luke." Alfred said, breaking Luke's focus from the outside world. Luke looks forward as Alfred drives up a long driveway and there it was, the Belcourt castle . As Alfred drove closer, the castle started to look bigger and bigger. "Holy shit, is that the castle?!" Luke exclaims quietly to himself. 

        "Yes it is, Sir Luke." Alfred answered as he smiles softly. He must of heard Luke. The castle was huge and dark along with gargles at each corner and window with stain glass design. It was almost unreal, like a castle from medieval time. As Alfred pulls up to the front of the castle, there was an older women standing there waiting for Luke to arrive. 

      "Welcome Sir Luke. I'm Rose, the house maid. Sir Ashton asked me to welcome you and show you around the castle." Rose was an older women, so frail but yet still youthful when she walks. 

       "Thank you, Rose. But, please call me Luke. It's kinda of weird to be called Sir." Rose laughs quietly, "Of course, Luke." Rose grabs the blonde's hand and leads him inside the castle. As they enter the castle, he is amazed with the size of it. The foyer has a huge staircase that leads to two different directions, the west section and the east sections. 

        There are chandeliers hanging in every room, long dark window curtains, Knights armor in almost every room. "How many rooms do this castle have?" Asked Luke as his blue-eyes looked around the castle. 

      "Well Sir— Oh sorry, I mean Luke," Rose laughs at her mistake, "There is 26 rooms and 25 bathrooms. Two dining rooms, a smoke room, 2 entertaining rooms, 2 kitchens and a wine cellar." Luke is amazed with all the rooms and the size of the castle.

"Do you have other help with the cleaning?" Rose laughs at Luke questions, "Of course, silly. I cannot do this all alone." As Rose continues to talk, Luke couldn't help but feel as if someone was watching him. He would look around and sees no one, just the two of them. 

      As Rose leads him to the stairs, Luke suddenly felt this pull to go to the west side of the castle. Rose must have noticed that Luke wanted to go to the west wing of the castle because she says, "Oh no, Luke. You cannot go to the west section of the castle. Sir Ashton has forbid everyone to enter the west section." Rose gave Luke a small glare. 

"Why?" Asked Luke, confused as to why no one was allowed.

         "Because it's a rule and you must follow that rule. Do you understand me Luke! You are NOT ALLOW IN THE WEST WING OF THE CASTLE!!" Rose stated firmly, acting like a stern mother who was yelling at her young son. 

         "Yes, I understand. I do not wish to upset him." the tall male replies quietly, not making eye contact with the Rose's green-grey eyes. 

        "Ok great, so let me show you to your room." Rose started to lead Luke down to the servant quarters, when suddenly he hears a male voice so strong but yet so soft. "Rose, why are you taking our guest to the servant quarters? He should be staying in one of the best guest rooms we have here." Luke turns to see a man standing at the top of the stairs. 

        There he stood tall with a body of a God, arms strong and muscular but yet so soft when you touch. Long curly brown hair pushed back with only strings of hair touching his Godly craved face. His piercing hazel-eyes stares intensely into Luke's icy blue-eyes. Luke heart beats so fast, he can hear it in his ears. He never seen someone as beautiful as this man right in front of him. 

       "Hello Luke, I'm Ashton." Ashton says with a small smile, dimples slightly popping out. Luke was surprise that Ashton would be so young, he thought he'll be a bit older, maybe in his late fifties. 

        "Was you expecting someone older?" Ashton asked with a small laugh which only made Luke's heart beat even faster, if that was even possible. "Yes, I was— no, I was — yes — no?" Luke stuttered stupidly which made Ashton laugh. 

          "It's okay, everyone is quite surprise to see that I'm so young. I may be young but I'm old at heart." Luke doesn't know how to respond, he's just too memorized on how beautiful Ashton is. 

          "Come, let me show you to your room. Rose, please let the cooks know we have a guest."                      "Of course, Sir." Rose said as she hurried to the kitchen. Luke walks up the stairs and follows Ashton to the guest room on the east wing. 

          "This is where you'll be staying. You're welcome to stay as long as you please." Ashton walks towards the door before Luke can even respond. "Dinner will be ready at 6." Ashton says quickly before closing the door and left. 

          Luke stood there with no words, as he looks around at his room. The guest room was bigger than any room he has ever seen, it was bigger than his house back home. He had his own bathroom and a balcony over-looking the garden. Luke was amazed with how lucky he is to be there, before he began dancing around the room like a goofball. Luke throws himself onto the bed and decides to take a little nap after a long day of traveling and excitement. And before he knew it, he slipped into a dreamless sleep. 

 —