Chapter 8

A/N: Hello! I'm back after a long break. I'm sorry it took me a while to update but I promised to end this story well and I will... although it will  definitely take a while because life is happening and, well, I won't bore you with details. Thank you so much for reading and for sticking with me and for supporting this story. It means the world to me!! You can trust that SussaemSabu will always own a chunk of my soul, and so I will always go back to them when and if I have time to write, even when I hardly post anything on my socials these days. 

I hope you'll like this short update and I hope it'll at least make you smile today. As always, I'm happy to hear what you think. 

This is for all #SussaemSabu shippers. Let's hope for a promising S4!

----------------------

It's been a couple of days since Oh Myungsim had been released from the hospital. She was lucky enough to only be confined for three days, and then was ordered to stay on bedrest for four more days to complete a week of bedrest.

Life was pretty much the same for their little family, except for those four days when Oh Myungsim was ordered to stay on bedrest. During that short period of time, Kim Sabu had to do much of the workload at home.

It was quite an adjustment for the surgeon who'd relied heavily on his wife for taking care of everything at home. The last several days made him realize the amount of work Oh Myungsim had been doing at home, on top of taking care of him and Dae-hyun.

For one, he had a new appreciation for technology and the advances it had in terms of doing laundry. He honestly couldn't imagine how he'd survive or even his wife, given the number of clothes they had to wash just for Dae-hyun alone. How their son, despite being such a small human, could manage to pile up that high stack of dirty clothes, he would never know. And other than laundry, there were all the other tasks that he initially thought were menial but weren't actually when he did them all himself.

Where does my wife get all her patience from?

It wasn't like Yongju delegated to Myungsim these tasks, it just sort of fell naturally on her and at some point in the early days of their marriage, he remembered Oh Myungsim telling him that she'd take care of things at home so he could focus on Doldam and Dae-hyun... but most likely, it was because she didn't like how he did things at home. Yongju snickered remembering a time when he tried to clean the cupboards because Oh Myungsim was pregnant with Dae-hyun, but ended up redoing it because he missed several 'spots' according to his wife.

"What spot?" he asked, unable to hide his confusion.

"That one–" Oh Myungsim pointed at one corner of the cabinet.

Yongju looked closely and couldn't see any dirt on it. "But it's clean?"

Myungsim huffed, "It's not—you didn't wipe it!"

"Because it's clean!"

"This cupboard is not clean otherwise I wouldn't have asked you to clean it!" Myungsim growled and tried to take hold of the cloth on Yongju's hand, but the doctor was quick enough to raise his hand above his head.

"Fine– I'll wipe it," he huffed. "...it doesn't look like it needs cleaning to begin with–jenjang..." he muttered under his breath.

"Are you saying something?!"

Yongju shook his head no, "Ani– I'm just making sure it's spotless." He decided it was better to shut his mouth, afraid he'd offend his pregnant wife who could cry at a drop of a hat these days.

Thankfully, the last several days didn't consist of a lot of cleaning; it's mostly the logistics of ensuring Dae-hyun safely got to his daycare and was picked up on time, and then ensuring Myungsim had something to eat. Yongju needed to make sure Oh Myungsim's meal for the day was already cooked and ready for reheat. His wife was only allowed to be on her feet for a limited time, so she could walk to and fro the kitchen, but Yongju didn't want her to do any cooking, and so he opted to do it all himself. Thus, everyday, before he had to take Dae-hyun to daycare, he had to cook first.