My Lady Strong

"I dare you to say that again." Jace barks.

"Why? 'Twas only a compliment." Aemond releases me from his tight grip and steps forward, closer to Jace, I use both my hands to brace myself on the table as I watch as Jace stocks up to Aemond, "Do you not think yourself Strong?"

Jace swings his arm back and lands a punch against Aemond. As I move to interject the fight, Aegon grabes me by the back of the neck and pushes my head into the table. My mother and Alicent call out.

"Jace!" 

"That is enough! 

I struggle against my uncle's grip, but Aegon quickly throws me into the arms of a guard who pulls me away. Jace fights against his own guard.

"Not her." Aemond calls out. "Bring her to me."

As I'm pulled away from my struggling brother, I'm able to hear Alicents harsh whispers to Aemond before he grips me by the arm to pull me into him yet again, only this time i struggle against his chest.

"Why would you say such a thing before these people?" Alicent grits her teeth at her son.

"I was merely expressing how proud I am to have this opportunity to grow closer to my nephew, Mother."  the insincerity of his voice made me sick, and I continue to struggle uselessly. "Enough of that riña." 

Girl. 

Alicent takes me by the shoulders, "Let her go, Aemond." She commanded. He releases me and I practically fall into Alicent's arms. She doesn't let go and I do not fight her. 

"It seems my nephews isn't proud of his family." Aemond smirks. Jace managed to escape the guards' arms and looked as if he would tackle Aemond. Alicent pulls me to a safe distance, but Daemon stops him.

Daemon stares at Aemond with unamused eyes. My cousins stood by Jace's side.

"Go to your courters. All of you now." My mother spoke with a bitter tone. Alicent's gentle arms unravel from me, and I move to follow.

"You do not command my bride." Aemond speaks, and I freeze in place.

My mother looks at Aemond with cold eyes, "You have no title over her." She speaks calmly.

"Yet." Aemond's lip curls.

"Yet." My mother repeated. She breaks first from the tension and nods for me to follow her command and I do so with great relief.  

~

The fire burns bright and warm, illumining the room with an orange glow. I sit by the fire in a chair with my legs tucked to my chest. My brown hair draped in long dark waves, like mountain rivers. my nightgown was a thin, silk meatal. My hair had been thoroughly brushed through by the servants.  Even with the warm fire, I felt cold and drained. 

I thought back to the dinner, how quickly Aemond's rage overcame him. How no one came to my rescues...well that wasn't entirely true, I was suspired feeling Aliecent's arms wrap around me, perhaps she was saving me form a darker fate. Would he have done something unthinkable in front of my family, my blood? Would they bother to stop him?

I bite my lip at the thought of how he held me, how I pressed against him. How I struggled against his unmoving body. How weak and tiny I felt. 

Before I get too deep into thought a knock came to my door. 

"Enter." I call out unthinkingly. I stand and reach for my robe; the thick and embodied metal fell over my body, and I tie the strap around myself.

"Excuse me riña, I had assumed you'd be asleep by now." Aemond closed the door behind him. his hands behind his back.