00 (Part I)

Cally heard someone walking up behind her and turned to see Caspian.

"What vexes you?" Caspian asked.

"Nothing," she replied. "Why are you here?"

"To talk."

"We're talking. What is it you want?"

"I'm not sure yet. Are you always this hostile with people you barely know?"

Cally scoffed lightly and looked out at sea again.

Caspian studied her and said, "It's a defence mechanism, isn't it. Someone hurt you."

For a moment he thought Cally would snap back or walk away, but when she turned to him, he was surprised to see tears forming in her eyes.

"I did have someone," Cally said softly. "And then I found him beneath the sheets with another, and I swore to never get my heart broken again. But then you just had to come along."

"Are you saying..."

"No."

"Is there a chance?"

She was silent for a long while before nodding slowly. "Potentially."

"I'll wait as long as it takes, Captain Worthington."

"And if it takes years?"

"Then I'll wait all those years for you."

Cally studied him with a faint smile. "You're quite something, Caspian. If you'll excuse me." She turned and walked away, heading back towards her ship.

Caspian watched her retreating figure and smiled. "No matter how long it takes, I'll wait for you, Cally. Love is the most patient of all."

---

At Cally's ship, she walked onboard to see Easton fiddling with something. "Is it still not fixed?"

He shook his head. "No, I'm afraid not. Anton's gone to fetch some replacement parts. Captain, I regret to inform you we may be trapped in Narnia for awhile longer."

"It could be much worse."

"Yes, but I know you wanted to set sail as soon as possible."

Cally shrugged, looking out across the way at Caspian's small figure. "There are worse places to be."

"You already said that." He followed her gaze to see Caspian still looking out across the water. "Is there any chance with him?"

Cally collected herself and looked back at Easton. "Is there any chance for you and Elora?"

Easton's cheeks flushed. "There's not- I don't-"

"Save the lies, Easton. I've seen how you look at her and she you. You deserve to be happy."

"As do you, Cally, and I think, though you try to deny it, Caspian makes you happy."

"Watch your words, Easton. He's barely an acquaintance, nothing more."

"But is there a chance?"

Once again, Cally looked at Caspian who had started walking away. "I don't know. Perhaps."

"With the way he looks at you, I'd say yes."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

Cally nodded slowly. "I'll let you get back to it. If there's anything you need, I'll be in the pub."

He chuckled and nodded. "Enjoy yourself, Captain."

"I'm quite sure I will."

With that, Cally left her ship and made her way to a pub. She ordered a glass of rum, unsure if she wanted to drink mildly or get sloshed and wipe the memories of the dark-haired, dark-eyed king who hadn't escaped her mind since their first meeting.

"Curse you, Caspian, and the way you've infiltrated my entire being," Cally mumbled as she drank her glass and pushed it toward the bartender to silently ask for another.