Chapter 1: Not Dead. Yet.

A/N: *DISCLAIMER* DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ALL OF SONGS OF WAR AND THE OWL HOUSE! Also credit to @rosevoltaris, who is the other author of this.

Ingressus looked around in shock. He was not on Mount Velgrin, at least; it did not look like it. "What the- What happened to Ardonia?"

Nothing looked like it was supposed to. For one, Ingressus could see a town not too far off in the distance. From what he could tell, all the houses looked pretty run down.

There were six structures surrounding the town. They were all different sizes. The structures were larger near the bottom, and gradually got smaller before ending in a point. They looked like they were made out of bone, whether it was made out of bone, or just looked like it, Ingressus did not know.

"How much have things changed?" Ingresuss was nowhere near where Mount Velgrin was. "What went wrong with the portal..." He wondered this and more as he started trying to figure out what to do.

"What happened to the portal?"

"How far did I go?"

"Where am I?"

"What happened to the Voltaris?"

Ingressus forced himself to stop, realising he was breathing harder. He took a deep breath before talking in his surroundings.

He clearly was not on Mount Velgrin, but he was not sure where he was. It did not look like any of the six kingdoms, possibly Hogtown. Ingressus did not know where the large structures could have come from, but humans were strange.

The Deathsinger knew he had to avoid the town. Even if he had travelled farther into the future than he meant to, he was sure at least someone would recognise him. He turned around and started walking towards the ocean he had spotted in the distance.

~~--~~--~~--~~

By the time Ingressus had reached the ocean the sun had started to set.

He sighed as he tried to figure out his predicament. He looked up at the sun as it started to hide behind the horizon. Ingressus kneeled down next to the swash and reached one hand out to feel the cool water.

As his fingers brushed the water, it lapped up against his hand and arm. He suddenly whipped his arm back as he tried to stifle a cry of pain. The water was not cool at all, in fact, it was boiling hot.

Ingressus cradled his hand to his chest, the water blurring with the sand as he tried to hold back tears of pain. He had been wounded before, but not like this. It was as if he had plunged his hand straight into lava.

After he regained his composure he looked at his arm. His hand was turning red, and he could feel the pain increasing.

Ingressus reached into his inventory with his uninjured hand and pulled out a small roll of bandages. Thankful he still had them on him, he carefully started to wrap up his burnt arm.

It was a slow, painful process, but by the end, his arm was wrapped up enough to keep it protected until he could get it properly taken care of. He stood up and took a deep breath and stared at the water, extremely confused.

"What is going on? I do not understand. Nothing looks the same... what has happened? Who did this to Ardonia?"

The Deathsinger looked around to see if there was anything to hide his markings. No matter how far in the future he was, he could not risk it, even if no one recognized him, they would see he was Voltaris.

Ingressus spotted a cloak that was big enough to cover his large form. He picked it up and carefully pulled it over himself, fitting it to hide his sword and staff.