You make me feel less lonely.

He knows why he does this, sneaking away in the dead of night like a stray no one would miss. He does it because he's lonely. It took far too long for him to realise it, but he knows now, and he's accepted it.

Adrien has never not felt alone. Not until very recently, when he started standing his ground and speaking up. He goes to school now, and he has friends now.

That doesn't stop his father from making him feel more alone than ever. His house isn't a home, It's just the building he falls asleep in.

So he gets away whenever he can. That leads him to now, sitting on a rooftop, in a leather suit with Ladybug by his side. And it's nice. Even though they're not talking, just looking at the stars, the silence isn't suffocating like it is whenever farther actually joins for dinner.

The wind whispers around them, telling the tails that swim round in the city of love. They sit closer to fight away the cold.

"Are you ok?" The question doesn't interrupt the silence. It accompanies it.

The stars seem to shine brighter out here. Brighter then they ever did when he was stuck in his room, longing to be a part of a world that always seemed just out of reach. But he's here now, and it's more beautiful than he could have ever imagined.

But it's late, and it's a school night, and someone has to leave first. This is a very old story. There is no other version of this story. So when she stands to leave, he doesn't complain. He knows he'll see her again tomorrow.

And when tomorrow comes he won't be alone again.