Ch 1. Darkness

The darkness filled over Mobias as Doctor Eggman showed himself to the Sonic heroes, the Sonic heroes gasped in shock as they saw the villain they defeated a long time ago coming back into their lives.

Doctor Eggman laughed as he looked at their faces, he was laughing in joy "oh my! Oh my, you should look at your faces!" Eggman shouted as he continued to laugh.

Sonic and his friends were filled with anger, they didn't want to deal with Eggman again as Eggman already destroyed enough the last time he was alive and now he is back and probably has a new plan.

Sonic gripped his hands, he was ready to punch Eggman good in the butt but something stopped him as he thought he saw someone coming close to Eggman.

The others turned their faces to Sonic and they thought something was wrong and then they saw what he was looking at, a familiar face appeared grinning with a smirk on his face. It was Mephiles and the other villains Eggman used to partner up with.

Sonic s eyes filled with anger and his mind was racing with questions like how did he return? How did he come back? How did he reunite with the other villains?

There were so many questions sonic wanted to ask but he didn't as he had an important mission to finish with his friends.

"Alright, guys let's destroy Eggman once and for all!" Sonic yelled as everyone charged at Eggman but someone stopped them in less than a second.

Everyone gasped as they saw yet another familiar face and that was Rouge, a bat that was with them but now she was in the dark side with Eggman and the other villains.

"Rouge, why!" Knuckles yelled in shock, he and the others couldn't believe that Rouge would betray them just like that but they couldn't let that stop them from destroying Eggman once and for all.

Knuckles charged at Rouge but Knuckles missed his chance to attack her as she missed it but Knuckles was ready for the next fight.

Knuckles took a deep breath and looked at the villains that were standing before them. Rain poured down on them as everything looked deserted like nothing existed.

The buildings of Mobias were destroyed and the plants were nothing but mushed.

Everyone looked at each other, face to face and Sonic looked at their traitor Rouge, he noticed that she looked down and something was wrong, really wrong.

He thought for a moment to think of what could have been wrong with Rouge, I mean she betrayed them right? Sonic wanted to know the reason so he decided to ask "Rouge" Sonic said as he and Rouge faced eye contact with one another.

Rouge sighed "yes?" She asked, Sonic took a minute to think of what to say "something feels wrong here. Is something wrong?" He questioned, Rouge turned shocked to normal reaction as soon as Doctor Eggman interrupted them "what?! Nothing is wrong, she is with us" Doctor Eggman answered.

Rouge's wings flapped as she flew in the sky she flew down to Doctor Eggman and he took her hand pretending like nothing was wrong.

Rouge looked on the ground, flashbacks flushing in as she remembered what Doctor Eggman did to her, she remained looking at the ground hoping that the sonic heroes wouldn't find out the real reason.

Doctor Eggman chuckled wickedly as a smirk showed on his face. The Sonic heroes knew that Doctor Eggman was up to something but they didn't know what it was.

Doctor Eggman pulled out another familiar face and Sonic was shocked to see Tails with them in chains, Tails looked nervous as he looked at his friends.

Rouge was shocked, she turned to Doctor Eggman "This wasn't part of the plan sir!" Rouged shouted, everyone was left confused by what Rouge meant "well, I guess I lied to you" Doctor Eggman answered as he chuckled wickedly.

He showed Tails to the sonic heroes and they gasped once again "No, don't hurt him!" Amy yelled, her green eyes glowed in the dark, she pulled out her hammer and was about to attack Eggman but Sonic stopped her "we can't risk hurting Tails" Sonic answered, Amy stopped moving and looked down at the ground.

She was hoping for Tails to be safe but obviously she was wrong, Tails's body was covered in bruises and cuts Sonic couldn't believe the state Tails was in.

He gripped his fist together he was ready for revenge and he wouldn't let anyone hurt his friends ever again and he wouldn't let Doctor Eggman win, Doctor Eggman might have returned but Sonic had his friends by his side ready to destroy the evil that entered Mobias.

____________________________

A/N

Hello everyone I hope you enjoyed this story I thought of this on my own and I loved how it turned out I hope you guys agree with me.

Characters seen in this chapter

Sonic The Hedgehog
Amy The Hedgehog
Knuckles The Echidna
Doctor Eggman
Rouge The Bat
Mephiles
Tails

Characters seen in the next chapter

Sonic The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Rouge The Bat
Blaze The Cat
Sally Acorn
Tails
Doctor Eggman
Silver The Hedgehog
Mephiles
Amy The Hedgehog

I hope you enjoy the next chapter of this story. Have a good day/afternoon/evening.

Bye! Have a lovely day

Word Count: 903