1989 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓

(( Someone very special was born in the winter of 1989...
... Taylor Swift ...))

𝙷𝚎𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚛. 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 '𝟾𝟺-'𝟾𝟻 𝚊𝚗𝚍... 𝚒 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠. 𝚒 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚏𝚏, 𝚜𝚘 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝟷^ 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎.

 𝚒 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚏𝚏, 𝚜𝚘 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝟷^ 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎

𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒'𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚎𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕. 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢. 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢, 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚘, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒'𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝟸𝟶 𝚢𝚛 𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚘 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔. 𝚒'𝚖 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢. 𝚒'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝙴𝚕 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚞𝚜 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚔. ☺

I click my pen closed and close the old book, stuffing it into my bag, at the very bottom.

"MICHEAL?!" Nancy's voice irritates me.

"I'M COMING!" I shout, grabbing my suit case and tugging at the zip, which refuses to close because of all the clothes and items. "Piece of sh1^." I mutter, giving up and letting go.

"MIKE!" Nancy yells.

"I TOLD YOU I'M COMING!" I tug at the zip once more and it starts sealing the gap. Thank god. I take hold of my luggage and practically sprint downstairs. I see Nancy tapping her foot against the floor.

"Come on." She opens the door and walks through, leaving me trying to catch up to her.

"I'm old enough to drive." I say as she opens the car door.

"No." She points to the passenger seat. "I'm driving."

"Great." I roll my eyes and walk around the car, opening the door and stepping inside. Nancy starts the car and starts driving.

I slouch in my seat and stare out of the window, watching the trees fly by. Only a matter of minutes and we'll be at the airport. And then a matter of hours and I'll be able to see El.

꒦꒷☁︎꒷꒦

After being woken up on the plane by a cocky stranger complaining that I was snoring too much (what the hell b1^ch mind your own business) the plane finally arrived.

After two years ago I learnt that people in Leorna dont wear bright yellow jackets and hats. Instead I settled for a warm jacket and some thick trousers, and I also got a haircut since then, so my hair was at chin length, dark and curly.
I now wonder into the cold airport and glance around, in search of El.

I finally lay eyes on her and Will. They're snuggled on a bench and Will is showing El how to rub her hands together to create warmth.

I call El's name and her head shoots up almost immediately.
I wave and she stands up and runs towards me so I open my arms up for her to run into.
It's been 4 months since we've seen eachother and it's been hard.
She reaches me and kisses me directly on the month.
I kiss her back passionately but she pulls away before we can really continue.

"Mike!" Her cheeks are red and flushed as well as the tip of her nose. She wears a fluffy hat and a sweater. Her hair was shaved by that mother fv^k3r in the lab but now its in a fluffy bob. She seems to have grown in the past few months. But to describe her overall appearance, she is beautiful. It's crazy how we're both basically adults now.

El kisses me once more on the cheek and places a yellow hat on my head, brushing my hair into place under it. I smile and stare at her for a last second before turning to Will. "Hey man."

Will smiles and I one handedly hug him and pat him on the back. "Where's Jonathan?"

"He didn't want to come." Will explains, his gaze falling to the ground and flickering back up at me every few seconds.

"Oh. Cool." I pat his head once more, then turn to El, who's eyes light up when I turn my attention back to her.  

"So how have you been, El?" I stroke her face as she rests her cheek on my shoulder. I suddenly feel a wash of pride that I have El as my girlfriend. 

"I've been missing you..." She smiles smugly and I pull her close to me and plant a sheepish kiss on her head.

"Me too. And you look absolutely beautiful." I whisper underneath my breath and I see a grin spread across her face.

Will trails behind us, so I glance back and pull a thumbs up in question if he's okay. He nods and smiles a little concerningly.

I then get pulled by El into the fluffy snow and look around at the view. "Wow."

"Pretty, right?" El whispers beside me.

"Yeh." I look at her, admiring how pretty she is herself. But one thing I learnt about myself is that I'm really bad at expressing my feelings through words because I always screw up, but I can really show how I feel more through actions. I decide to shut the fv^k up before El think's I'm a weirdo. "Really pretty."