These Claws Are for Killing ≫ Brokenstar x Adopted! Daughter! Reader (PLATONIC)

Art: ~Akatsu

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Mentions of abandonment
• Graphic depictions of violence
• Death

This is a request for RoseShadeWarriorCat. I hope you enjoy!

****

The forest was always quiet at the beginning of dawn, but it seemed even more so than usual. There were no squirrels scuttling amongst the prickly pine branches, nor any lizards scurrying over the icy rocks. It was as if the very roots of the forest were silently waiting in grim anticipation.

Brokenstar quite enjoyed the feeling of lifelessness that surrounded him. He wasn't normally one to enjoy anything, but his mood had been especially chipper since he severed the vein in his own father's neck and watched the light drain from his eyes, and the blood from his wounds. Now that Raggedstar was no longer in his way, the forest would regret the very day it crawled out of it's mother's wretched womb.

Brokenstar's scarred lip curled up into a crooked grin as he recalled the way the former leader's body had fallen limp beneath his claws. What a moment.

He was just leaving the darkness of the pines and emerging onto the acrid-smelling strip of dead grass next to the thunderpath when a tiny, barely audible mewl caught his attention. He paused, flattening his scarred ears and surveying his surroundings. There were no signs of life on either side of the thunderpath, not even a mouse. Where had the noise come from?

The same desperate squeal came again, this time louder and much closer to him. It wasn't until he glanced down at the mess of tangled, yellow grass beneath his paws did he see it—or rather, see her—hunkered down in the weeds and trembling in the early morning chill.

Brokenstar's shredded ears perked up at the sight. A kit, no more than a moon old and hardly bigger than a rat. Her (F/C) pelt was matted and clumped in places, and her tiny (E/C) eyes were wide with uncertainty as she gazed up at him.

Curling his lip in annoyance, Brokenstar raised his eyes and begun searching for any sign of her mother, but to no avail. Not even her scent was present.

Turning his gaze back to the trembling kit, Brokenstar narrowed his eyes a meowed, "Pathetic little thing," He muttered, flicking the tip of his tail. The kit didn't respond of course, instead shrinking back into the rotted grass. Brokenstar held her (E/C) gaze for a moment, deep in thought. At first, he wanted to turn his back to the weakling and leave her to succumb to starvation or the elements. After all, what good could she possibly bring him?
Just as his mind was almost set, however, Brokenstar hatched another idea; one far less cruel.

The more loyal cats I have, the easier it will be to overcome the other clans, He reasoned with himself. Perhaps the kit does have some uses after all. With his plan beginning to form and his mind completely set, Brokenstar leaned down and grabbed the kit's lose scruff in his jaws. She let out yet another mewl, and squirmed in his grasp for a moment before settling herself down and falling limp.

Brokenstar turned away from the thunderpath and made his way back into the snow-covered pines, more cautious than before of slipping on a patch of unseen ice.