Shame

Lonely.
This wasn't how she expect any of this to go. All she wanted a distraction, a glimpse of hope for herself. This was desperation at it's finest, a cheap book on demon summing, a few dollar store candles, sugar instead of salt, and a sharpie. That's what she had to work with. It's what was in the house, the kitchen junk drawer of things collected from over the years. The years that just seemed to drag by.

She felt ungrateful. A good job, loving family, a home all her own.

This picture perfect like, that many dreamed of achieving, of being born into, finding the opportunities to have, lacked something. Something that couldn't just be found, made or earned.

Relationships. Difficult to keep track, understand what spot it's at, the talking stage? Heading to something more? Or just a fling, never meant to be anything besides short term fun. It was never fun for her. Insecurities constantly fueled the deep sense of hatred for herself. The resentment towards everything she was.

So here she was, standing in a graphic hoodie and a pair of soft fuzzy pajama pants. Looking over a poorly set up sigil, a summoning circle along with lightly flickering candles. The window was slightly open, at risk of putting the gentle flames out, but she simply couldn't be bothered to close it. Kneeling at what was supposed to be the top, or the bottom, she couldn't tell anymore. Her eyes glistening with unshed tears as all she could do was look at this pathetic, poor attempt at a summoning circle. The pages of the book beside her holding unreadable words in a long forgotten language that was nearly impossible to look at, let alone read.

Eyes closed, she shifted onto the ground completely, hugging her knees tightly. It was unclear just how long she sat there, staring at it. The sun had long set, and the candles were half burnt down, the wax coating the floor.

" What are you doing. What am I doing." Disappointed filled her words, voice hoarse and strained from lack of use. A sob broke through the hours of defending silence.

Then the window closed. Not in an aggressive manner, like it was softly pulled down and closed. The tell-tale click of the lock on the door behind her. Adjusting her glasses, and looking up the poor girl didn't know what to believe. Had she ever opened the window at all? Did she lock the door before she started? There was no clear answer for her. A sense of dread filled the room, which suddenly seemed all to cold. Her hands shook, but she didn't move. How could she? This crushing weight against her chest, a tight pressure around her heart.

She was scared. This wasn't supposed to work. Nothing was supposed to happen.

The flames of the candles stopped their flickering, instead standing as tall, bright symbols. It's like someone stopped the world, the usual humming of the electricity in the house fading away, the forceful wind against the glass of the window stopped abruptly. Air around her stifling, making her unable to take a full breath.

First, all she could see was the shadow. Nearly the height of her ceilings, the shoulders to broad to be real, wings on either side. Then He was in view. Visible to her human eyes, a shocking sight. She didn't know whether to fear him or worship him.

He was sculpted, a seemingly perfect figure, topped off with a set of smooth, almost deer like horns. Claw tipped, leather-like wings filled the space around him, the sigil she wrote directly in the center of his unclothed chest. A tail with a fuzzy end flicking behind him, as he looked around the space. Her room wasn't small by any means but it looked absolutely tiny in his presence.

And what a presence he had. Not brutal or dangerous by any means, surprising her greatly. After a moment of pure silence his gaze finally reached her. This girl, barely taking a breath, staring up at him in absolute awe.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 29, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Don't Read Thisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें