CHAPTER 1 - FUCK SCHOOL, HONESTLY.

My name is Karkat Vantas, and I have no idea or at least don't remember if I ever had an idea of how I got into this situation.

I had just woken up, and already hated life. That's a great start.

I got up, stretched, and then immediately got dressed in my usual sweater and a random pair of dark gray baggy jeans.

Oh, I forgot. Here's some context. Today's my first day of school. I'll be going to school to learn human concepts or some shit that I don't understand already.

I opened the door to my room, looking out to see if Kankri was awake yet. He wasn't, so I came out of my room, walking right into the living room.

Well, guess I have to leave early.

I quickly wrote on a sticky note and left it on the coffee table. It said 'I'M LEAVING EARLY TODAY, SO DON'T FREAK OUT WHEN I'M GONE. -KARKAT'

And with that, I left the house, breathing in the fresh air. I didn't live in a very city-like neighborhood, and there were a lot of trees. Almost too many. So yes, the air was actually fresh unlike that polluted shit that you guys in those big cities bear to breathe. How do you do that?

I spent about 15 minutes walking before I finally reached the school I would be going to.

It was... huge.

How does Kankri expect me to even exist here??

Fuck this. I'm leaving.

"Karkitty!!!"

SHIT.

I felt myself being tackle-hugged, and I stepped backwards to stop myself from falling.

"YOU REALLY NEED TO STOP DOING THAT." I said after Nepeta let go of me, crossing my arms.

"But why? It's fun!" She giggled. "Oh and Terezi's waiting fur mew, let's go!"

She grabbed my hand and I let myself be dragged into the school and across the main outside thingy.

"Tereziiiii, I got him!!!" Nepeta pushed me over to the group that consisted of Equius, who... for some reason wasn't sweating as much as he normally did, Terezi, who waved at me as soon as she saw me, and Vriska for some reason, who I didn't really like.

"H3Y K4RK4T!! WH3R3 W3R3 YOU? YOU GOT H3R3 L1K3..." She looked at her phone. "TH3 B3LL R1NGS SOON."

"WELL I'M SORRY THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO RIDE A STUPID BUS." I scoffed, crossing my arms.

"TH3R3'S OUR K4RK4T!! W3 GOT H1M B4CK!!" Terezi turned and shook Vriska by her shoulders in excitement.

I couldn't see Vriska's reaction. No. More like I didn't even really want to.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"YOU'V3 JUST B33N 4CT1NG 4WKW4RD 3V3R S1NC3 YOU 3V3N ST3PP3D 1NTO TH3 SCHOOL. TH4T M4K3 S3NS3?"

"OH. OK. FUCK YOU, FOR ONE. I WAS NOT BEING AWKWARD. AND FOR TWO, I HATE THIS HELLHOLE ALREADY."

"Karkitty, mew really should stop being so mean to Terezi!" Nepeta stepped in, basically splitting us up.

"FINE, BUT IT WAS KIND OF THE OTHER WAY AROUND," I scoffed.

"NUH UH," Terezi did the finger wiggle thing.

I do hate this place already, I thought, rolling my eyes. Almost as if on cue, the bell rang, sending us all to our first class. Thank Gog, if there even is one.

I looked at all of the class numbers, comparing them to my schedule. And then I found the one I was looking for and headed towards it quickly because the bell was about to ring. But then...