Part 2: Simon's depression

Jeanette pov.

In the past 6 years I have changed quite a lot. I've got taller by a inch and a half, which is quite a lot for a 7 inch chipmunk, and my hair now goes all the way down to the middle of my back and put into a side braid. Over the years I got curvier and prettier, I still wear my glasses, of course, and was still a nerd.

I was on my way to the Local Library, were my foster mother works, I go there everyday after school to help her run the Library. She even put a doggy door on the actual door so I could get in easily. I slid through the doggy door, strolled up to the front desk and jumped onto it.

"Hello, Sarah." I greeted my foster mother.

"Hello, Jean." She replied. "Could you please get Heroes of Olympus Son of Neptune, by Rick Riordan?"

"Sure." I jumped down from the desk and started walking to the book case that held the R books, climbed the shelves until I made it to the right one.

A chipmunk, which was unusual, had his back tuned toward her while he looked for a book, he wore a dark blue hoodie and I could just make out the classes sitting on his temple.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

When he turned around I gasped, realizing it was my childhood crush and bestfriend I haven't seen for 6 years.

"Simon?!"

He frowned and replied, "Do I know you?"

"It's me, Jeanette."

His grey-blue eyes widened, "Jeanette? Wow you look so...different!" then quickly added, "Not a bad different, you look...wow!"

I giggled and blushed, "Thanks, so hows your foster parents, do they treat you well?"

As I saw his face fall, my smile dropped and I muttered, "Oh no!"

"Their...okay?" He faked smiled to try and make me not worry.

"Si, I've seen the cuts, did they give you them?" I gently touched the cut on his face.

"I should go." he said starting to walk around me, but I grabbed his hands and pulled him to face me.

"Simon, we should see the police if they are abusing you?"

He shifted his gaze from my eyes, "I really should go."

He pulled his hands out of my grip, and handed me a piece of paper, and walked around me and climbed down the book case. I watch him as he left through the doggy door of the Library. Forcefully sitting down, my eyes started to water and soon I was fully crying.

"Sweetie! What's wrong?" Sarah asked as she walked up to me.

"I-" I said during sobs.

"How about we go home and listen to some music? I found this really cool band that I think you would like?"

All I could do was nod my head. Sarah picked me up in her hand and we started our journey to our small cottage home.

---------------------------

When we got home Sarah set me down on the couch and got a CD out and put it in the CD player and pressed play and sat down next to me, and when the song started I soon recognized the group.

----------------------------------

Brittany: Oh Oh Yeah

Alvin: Oh Yeah Come on

Alvin: We liked our lives the way it was we didn't want

Simon+Theodore: To share our spotlight with no one