TRACK ONE jubilee line

summary : in which you are saved by a handsome man with extremely fluffy brown hair.

cw/tw : attempted suicide, depression, slight self harm mention, angst, hurt/comfort, use of y/n.

a/n : sorry this took so long to write! been goin through some shit of my own so this has kinda been on stand-by. it's gonna be a while till the next installment comes out so i hope you enjoy this one!! <3

-----

You could feel the wind whip through your hair as rain started to pelt down from the darkening sky. If it weren't for the circumstances in which you were here, it would be almost serene.

But it's not.

Your mind is not.

In fact, it's the opposite. Self-deprecating thoughts run through your mind at the speed of light. All of your previous actions and conversations rising from the deep dark depths of your memory just to berate you, make you feel worse.

You were lazily leaning over the edge of a bridge, hovering precariously above a train track. Your head buried in your hands to block out your surroundings, your fingers looping around strands of your hair and- pulling. Tugging so hard just to try and keep yourself grounded. To not make a mistake you would surely regret once you feel yourself fall, feel how light your body would be as you plunge into some form of afterlife, then feel nothing.

The chill of the autumnal air seeped across your body, through the thick fog and heavy raindrops you could spot the tell-tale bright lights of an oncoming train. The wind grew more rushed as it approached closer, and you could barely hear a thing; including the sound of footsteps hurrying towards you.

The train was closer now. You could spot the conductor in the front, the hundreds of passengers in the cars, and you quickly became filled with guilt at the probably traumatising experience to come. That only lasted a second though, as your selfish mind could care less about those people. Another terrible thing about me, you thought.

You leaned further forward, wobbled slightly, and then went to push off the railing...

But not before a slender arm wrapped around your waist, pulling you back and into the comforts of a sweater-warmed chest. Tears blurred your vision in an instant once you realised you failed. You were still breathing. Still alive. Not dead on the train tracks below you.

You moved to turn around and face your savior but you stumbled and collapsed to the ground with your legs giving out underneath you, presumably bringing down the person behind you as well.

"I'm sorry-", you sobbed and grabbed onto the arm around your waist for comfort, "I'm s-so sorry..." you shivered as tears stained your cheeks and rain soaked your scarred body to the bone.

"Shhh, it's fine. You're going to be fine, love, are you able to tell me your name?" The person- man- behind you whispered, his breath warming your cheek as he leaned closer towards you. His voice was slightly deep, though soft and scratchy as if over-used, it almost immediately calmed you down.

"Y/n." You breathed out and released his arm to wipe at your face, ridding it of tears before the rain replaced the old dampness with new. You wiped again and again to try and dry yourself before sighing and giving up.

"Y/n. Such a pretty name. Could you try and stand up for me please, y/n? Have you got anywhere to go?"

Only now did you realise that he didn't seem to mention your (very nearly) suicide attempt. That made your lips turn up, a small smile settling onto your pain-stricken face as he helped you stand up.

You let him call you an uber, then told him your address, all whilst you two were still standing on the bridge- above the train tracks that nearly could have been the cause of your life ending- and in the pouring rain.

"Hey- uhh,"

"Wilbur."

"Oh. Wilbur. Thank you."

"It's okay, I may not know you but I'm glad you're alive."

That brought tears to your eyes yet again and you clutched Wilbur's hand tightly as you both sat in the back of the uber, then as you led him into your house, into your bedroom, and then as you asked him to stay.

-----

Hiya! This is my first ever fanfic that i'm actually so so proud of, so I hope you all liked it. Please send feedback in the comments, kudos' are really appreciated!! Luv ya <3 - (p.s. this is also posted over on my tumblr blog, soleilflwrs!!)