Chapter Two: Four Years Later

It's been about Four Years since the relocate project, and my life has been hell. To start off, Ashley went missing, and the others speculated that she left early. How the hell would she leave early? We took the same car. I knew where she was, she was somewhere dead in the K-9 Facility, in the lock door. No-one would believe me of course, speaking of, who would believe me? My life was starting to become shit, no one would take me as a job. But, I did get a job at a coffee shop. I also had a paranormal investigation business. I didn't get a lot of customers, but I was able to get extra money.

As I continue to work as a barista at the downtown coffee shop, after I served a drink to a customer, my co-worker all of a sudden taps my shoulder.

"The manager wants to see you." She said.

"Ok! Can you cover me?" I said. She gives me a thumbs up as she starts to take the next customers order. I walk out of the work area and head over to my managers room. I open the door. "You wanted to see me sir?"

"Yes! We need to talk." He said. "Sit down."

I immediately sit down.

"So, I have some bad news for you." 

Shit.

"Your fired." He said.

"Why?" I clapback.

"Well, your employees have been telling me that you have been rude and not a good role model for others." He said.

"Those are the same people that hate me sir." I said.

"Look, I'm hearing this from a group of employees here that have different shifts, and have all had shifts with you." He said.

"But they are lying!" I start to complain.

"So then what do you have to say?" He said.

"I'm not a asshole and get our shop good tips?" I said.

"Um, really?" He said.

"Yes!" I said, almost slamming my hands down. 

"Look, I know you can find another job." He said.

"BUT THIS IS ALL I HAVE!" I said, standing up out of my seat.

"No buts." He said.

"Then you know what, fuck you, this is the only income I have, and your now listening to a bunch of assholes that hate me, so fuck you, and fuck this job. And, your not even listening to me!" I said, taking off my work apron and throwing it at him, storming out of the room, before I leave, I notice my coworker still there. "Hey, can you throw me my bag?" 

She nods, getting my bag and throwing it at me, I storm off into the parking lot. I unlock my car, get into my car, and then start my car. Finally, I start to scream, letting all of my rage out.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I finally get home after getting fired from my job. I park my car, stop it, and then get out of my car, locking it. My walk from the driveway from the porch begins, it short, but it felt like miles. I get to my front door and unlock it. I walk into my house, and then lock the door. God, it was such a long day. I immediately drop onto my couch, turning on my tv. I might order some pizza tonight. The news started to play as usually. Nothing going on the tv tonight. I might put on a Vinyl while I'm at it. Some peace and quiet around the house is pretty good. All of a sudden, a phone starts to ring. It wasn't my personal telephone; it was my business phone. Wait, someone's calling my business phone? I start to scream in excitement and run through the hall and into my office, picking up my phone.

"Hello! Britney's Paranormal Investigations?" I said.

"Hi, is this Britney?" A lady says on the other line.

"Yes! This is Britney speaking." I said in joy.

"Ok, so my friend had experienced something that we think is paranormal?" She said.

"Mkay, what type of paranormal would you say?" I start to question, getting out a notepad.

"It's some sort of electronic ghost or whatever, it's hard to describe." The lady said.

"So its something that is haunting your electrical stuff?" I start to get confused.

"No, it's just one thing, its the arcade machine. I think it's just glitches, but my friend believes that no way in hell it's glitches." She said.

"Hm, this is hard to figure out. So she thinks that your arcade machine of some sort is haunted?" I start to get even more confused. 

"Yes, but I don't believe her." She said.

"Is she with you right now?" I said.

"Yea, she's staying at my house, let me yell for her." She said. "SOPHIE! THE PARANORMAL INVESTIGATOR I WAS TALKING ABOUT WANTS TO TALK TO YOU."

Immediately, I hear her give the phone to Sophie.

"Hello?" Sophie said.

"Hi! This is Britney from Britney's Paranormal Investigations." I said.

"Hm, so this is what Jenny was talking about." Sophie said.

"I just had a few questions about the arcade machine you think is haunted?" I said.

"Oh yes!" Sophie said.

"So, how is this arcade machine haunted?" I said.

"Well, the machine had a mind of its own. I had no thoughts coming into playing the old machine, but I found out everything about my family, and the truth about the restaurant my dad owned." Sophie said.

"What was the restaurant called?" I said.

"Bon's Burgers." She said. I almost threw up in my mouth.

"Holy shit, that restaurant?" I spoke.

"Yup." She said.

"Ok, do you want me to come over to your place and investigate?" I said

"Yes! Yes please, bring all of your equipment. I want to know what the hell this spirit is." She said.

"Of course, do you want me to come over tonight or tomorrow?" I said.

"Can you come over tonight?" She said.

"Of course! Let me pack my stuff, tell me your location, and I will be there shortly." I said.

"Yes thank you!" Sophie said. 

"Ok! See you soon, have a good night." I said.

"You too." Sophie said.