━ alison hart.

full name:     ✭・

full name:
✭・.・✫ alison elizabeth hart
nicknames:
✭・.・✫ alice, by everyone
✭・.・✫ ally, by derek shepherd
✭・.・✫ red, by close friends
✭・.・✫ daphne blake, by alex karev
aliases:
✭・.・✫ dr. alison hart
✭・.・✫ dr. hart

gender:
✭・.・✫ cisgender female
species:
✭・.・✫ human
pronouns:
✭・.・✫ she/her
sexual orientation:
✭・.・✫ heterosexual

date of birth:
✭・.・✫  october 14th, 1978
date of death:
✭・.・✫ not applicable
cause of death:
✭・.・✫ not applicable

relationship status: 
✭・.・✫ single
marital status:
✭・.・✫ unmarried

faceclaim:     ✭・

faceclaim:
✭・.・✫ rachel mcadams
physical description:
✭・.・✫ alice has blue-green eyes, shoulder-length red hair, and a round face. she is on the shorter side, standing at about 5"4, although she often wears shoes that make her appear taller. when not in surgery, alice normally wears her hair up or down in curls and casual clothes. she rarely dresses up, unless for a formal occasion for work or friends.
discernible marks/features:
✭・.・✫ alice does not have many significant marks or features, with the exception of a few minor scars from her childhood/young adulthood. the most noticeable mark is a scar on the high point on her left cheek, a result of an sledding accident when she was young.
another noticeable mark that alice has is her dimples. one is much deeper than the other, so it often appears that she only has a dimple on one side of her face and not the other.

occupation:
✭・.・✫ surgical resident; employed at seattle grace mercy west/grey sloan memorial hospital in seattle, washington.
affiliations:
✭・.・✫ seattle grace mercy west hospital: alice transferred to seattle grace hospital for her internship. she trained primarily under miranda bailey, but was on the service of many other doctors throughout her internship. she eventually decided on general surgery in her residency.
✭・.・✫ derek shepherd: alice was on derek's service for a while, but when she began to develop feelings for him, she took herself off the service to purposely avoid derek. the pair had a fairly bad blowout after derek confronted her and neither spoke for a while. that changed when alice had her episode, in which case derek became her primary doctor.

personality:     ✭・

personality:
✭・.・✫ alice is the type of person to always have a smile on her face, even if there isn't necessarily anything to smile about. she is known by her friends, coworkers, patients as being optimistic and supportive, always able to find the best in people despite the negativity surrounding her profession. alice is passionate about the people and things closest in her life, although sometimes a little too passionate, to the point that she comes off as persistent and sometimes even needy. she isn't afraid of confrontation, especially when she feels strongly about something, so her persistence usually pays off in the end.

background:
✭・.・✫ alice's home life was very inconsistent growing up. her father left her mother when alice was very young and as a result, she doesn't remember much of her dad. alice's mother didn't make much money, so whatever time wasn't spent moving between apartments and condos, was spent sleeping on some relative's couch or the floor of their spare bedroom. her mother moved through jobs just as quickly, never quite sticking with one thing long enough to have a career. she brought home enough money to pay rent and put a semi-consumable meal on the table.
a few years later, when alice was 10, mother got pregnant by her at the time boyfriend, who subsequently also ran off, similar to her father. alice ended up with a baby brother named evan, who alice ended up being responsible for while her mother worked. she missed a lot of school because of this, though she missed even more when her mother got sick. alice was about 13 when her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. it was caught early so the doctor's hoped that with chemotherapy and surgery, that she would make a full recovery. unfortunately, that wasn't the case. alice and evan lived with her aunt at the time, which became a permanent fixture when the chemotherapy didn't work. it was then that alice decided she wanted to become a doctor, more importantly, a better doctor than the ones who had unsuccessfully treated her mother.
alice transferred to seattle grace for her internship which is where she met derek shepherd. she observed many different doctors during that period of time, primarily working on miranda bailey's service, but she spent a great deal of time in neurosurgery with derek. after a few months, she realized she had begun to develop feelings, which she quickly shut down after seeing derek's relationship with meredith grey. so, like any mature adult, she switched services to avoid him. when derek took notice, he confronted her about her behavior, which she wasn't able to tell the truth about. their relationship remained awkward and tense for months after.
during her residency, alice became severely ill. at first, she took some time off of work to rest from what she believed to be the flu, before returning once feeling better. however, she found her symptoms not only returned, but quickly worsened. it was at the end of a long shift that alice suffered the first of many seizures, after which derek quickly appointed himself as her doctor. it was discovered then that the cause of her seizure and poor help was because of a severe case of encephalitis, or inflammation in her brain due to infection. after receiving medication and hospital care, alice made a full recovery and found the courage to admit her feelings to derek.

family:
✭・.・✫ veronica hart, mother
✭・.・✫ jonathan hart, father
✭・.・✫ evan hart, brother
✭・.・✫ penelope dalton, aunt

love interest: 
✭・.・✫ derek shepherd

・✫ derek shepherd