xiii. THE GALA !

"WHAT'D YOU NEED?" Aurora questions once she sees Alexandra reapplying her lipstick in the bathroom. She has came to the gala with Charles as his date, but that didn't mean she didn't want girl time with the youngest Leclerc.

"Nothing, just wanted to talk without Charles prying and asking about you know who."

The youngest Leclerc sighs, shaking her head at the thought of her nosy brother. "My best friend?" She questions as she takes her pink lip gloss out of her white Hermes Kelly bag.

"The one who you designed a suit for?"

"I designed your dress." Aurora responds, gesturing at the red gown Alexandra was wearing. The Monégasque had made it a few weeks prior the event.

"Yeah but you made his in under a week."

"I made mine in under a week."

"Stop making excuses!"

"Anyways, have you seen Carter Fournier and his date?"

"Oh, yeah! I've seen her around."

"Yeah, I heard she's-"

Alexandra huffs, grabbing her by the shoulders and shaking her. "Stop trying to distract me from what I'm trying to ask!"

"I'm not!" Aurora exclaims with a smile.

Her brothers girlfriend sighs, leaning her head to the side. "Rora, when are you going to admit that you like Aurélien? I've seen the way you look at him. You look at him like he's the most special thing in the world. You and I both know that your feelings changed ever since that night."

Aurora's smile fell immediately and she became silent. "Because, I'm scared." She whispers, avoiding eye contact with Alexandra.

"Of what?"

She lets out a sigh. Crossing her arms, she replies, "I've never been in such a serious relationship like that. Sure, I've had flings, but they were all with douchey guys. Yeah, they started off as sweet but turned into douchebags. It's never serious nor have I ever felt such strong feelings towards someone before. I'm scared."

"Aurora," Alexandra raises her eyebrow as she walks over to her. She gently fixes the top of her hair, putting the strands in place. "Because, most of the guys you talk to are douchebags. But Aurélien seems completely different. He seems like he actually and truly cares. As much as he hates to admit it, even Charles knows he's different in a good way."

She gently takes the lip gloss from Aurora's hand. "Chin up." She says as the youngest Leclerc listens and tilts her head up.

"It's okay to be scared sometimes. It's normal. It's healthy." Alexandra began, carefully applying the pink gloss to Aurora's lips. "But don't let that stop you from truly being happy. I see how happy he makes you and how happy you make him. Don't hold back, Rora. Shoot your shot."

She closes the tube of lip gloss and hands it back to her.

Aurora's now pink glossed lips curved into a smile as she wraps her arms tightly around Alexandra. "Thank you, Alex. I might just shoot my shot."

"Tonight."

"Tonight?" She exclaims in shock. "At a gala of all places?"

"C'mon!" Alexandra replies as she takes a step back. "You look like a princess. Aurélien looks good. You both look amazing. It's perfect."

Aurora sighs and crosses her arms. "I mean, you're right."

"I know! Now lets go before the others get suspicious."