Kazuo x Nemu - Breakfast in bed

You open your eyes for a second. Nope, still too early. The blanket is laying on you heavily as you kick at it to be able to turn around without getting caught in it. Just as you try to settle down and drift back into sleep, a voice tingles your ears.

"Good morning sleepyhead!"

It comes from just inces from your face, which you stare at as soon as you manage to completely open your eyes. Your sleepy expression goes from surprised to thinking to finally a smile as you gradually remember the previous day.

Kazuo had asked you to show him around the town a bit, as he barely has a chance to do so himself. He was particularly interested in the convenience store, which seemed odd to you, but there were a lot of odd things about this guy so in the end, it wasn't too much out of the ordinary considering as an idol from a rich family, this could well be the first time he had ever been in a cheap store like this.

The thought of it makes you chuckle and the Kazuo of the present looks at you, questioning.

"Oh, I just remembered your amazement of the grocery shopping you did yesterday. To think you didn't even plan ahead enough to realize you had to carry your groceries home yourself!"

You explain as his cheeks burn up in embarrassment.

"Well, that's why I'm glad I had you around! I would've been really lost otherwise..."

"Couldn't you have just called one of your drivers to pick you up?"

"Sure, but then I wouldn't have had the chance to convince you to stay over for the night, would I?"

He taps you on the nose teasingly before sitting up. Only now you realize that he's already completely dressed in... the most horrible neon cat print shirt you have ever seen. You're glad this is a secret between you and him for several reasons.

Kazuo doesn't bother with your sleepy but judging stare and turns around to a little rolling cart. You can't see what he's tinkering with, but you recognize the clinking of silverware and bottles opening, as well as a much familiar smell.

"Pancakes..."

You guess correctly as the answer is promptly presented to you on a silver plate. Quite literally so even. Kazuos wealth and love for intricate designs will never stop to amaze you, you think as you run your fingers over the little elegant indents in the plate that is placed on a little table balancing over your legs and bedsheets.

The pancakes themselves look pretty decent for what you assume to be a first attempt. They're fluffily piled on top of each other, some burns here and there had been scraped off and covered with fresh blueberries and maple sirup.

"I made them myself, I hope you like them."

Kazuo gestures you to try his creation as he crawls back into bed with you, cozily snuggling up to you while still giving you space to eat comfortably. He watches eagerly as you take your first bite. You chew. It's not as fluffy as their exterior made it seem. In fact, they're pretty solid. As the maple sirup slowly dissolves from the pancakes' surface, you start tasting salt. A lot of it.

You choke and quickly wash down the contents of your mouth with some of the milk provided alongside the snack. The worried look on Kazuos face forces you to try and stop coughing as quickly as possible.

"They're... good!"

You lie and his eyes sparkle a bit too much for your good conscience.

"Really?? Let me have a taste!"

He orders, waiting with his mouth open and eyes closed. It feels like you're betraying him by crushing his self confidence with the truth like this, but you would never be able to tell him with words. And you wouldn't survive another bite of this monstrosity.

"Mmh... ahh... uh. Oh god..."

Kazuos face reflects exactly what kind of flavor he's currently experiencing. Defeated, he takes out a napkin and rids himself of the cursed little piece of food.

"I'm so sorry-"

He starts, but stops when he sees your smile, baffled.

"To be honest, I didn't expect anything good to happen if you as much as touch the kitchen."

You admit, seeing his imaginary puppy ears drop in shame.

"But- " you continue, "Knowing you did all of this work, despite not even knowing how to buy groceries for yourself, is impressive. Doing all that for me..."

Your words trail off, but the shy blush spreading over your cheeks gets the message across better than any of your words could have.

Kazuo just buries his face into your side and you end up cuddling all morning until both of your bellies start to protest a bit too loudly.