Mint Green Eyes

Y/N POV

  Y/N sat on the porch, polishing her sword. As she did, her mind drifted off to a place far away, buried in the past.

  "Shh, don't cry, Y/N..." A sweet voice spoke to her. A glimpse of a woman in her mid thirties, with long black hair came into view. And then......

"Blue as the wings of a heron in the night,
Like the rising if the tides on the shores of isle skye."

The woman sang to her.

"They gleam evergreen winds a whistling in the pines, like a castle crawling vine, like the grassy glenn of lyon.
And rich as the mud after rain upon the ground, their a whisky hue of brown, braided river running wild."

  "I fell astray, but in you I have found, that I am ever bound to your mint green eyes...."

  The voice belonged to her mother, Aiko Takeshi. She used to sing that song to her whenever Y/N couldn't sleep. Y/N had found herself singing it to herself.....

  "Y/N?"

  Or so she thought.

  Y/N whipped her head around to find Muichiro staring at her.

  "Oh, uh....Hi, Muichiro..." Y/N said, awkwardly. Did he hear me singing?!

  "Was that....you singing just now, Y/N?" Muichiro asked. Y/N's faced turned bright red at the question.

  "Uhhhh......" Y/N turned her head away, hiding her face behind her hair. She looked down at the sword that she was polishing, embarrassed.

  Muichiro suddenly chuckled. "Y/N, are you embarrassed?!" He asked, amused.

  Muichiro sat down beside Y/N and looked at her. "You have a beautiful voice, Y/N."

  Y/N looked at Muichiro, her face flushing. "Really?"

  "Yeah! You don't know that?!" Muichiro exclaimed. Y/N smiled. She again recalled the memory of her late mother.

  "My mother used to sing for me whenever I couldn't sleep. It always the same song. I remember I would always pester her about singing it to me every night, even when I wasn't sleepy."

  Muichiro listened to Y/N's story intently. He smiled. "You're mother must've been wonderful."

  "Yeah, she was....." Y/N said quietly. She looked up at the wisteria around the Butterfly Mansion. "She always was...."

  Muichiro looked at Y/N with a sympathetic look in his eyes. He smiled. The kind of smile that gave you butterflies whenever you looked at him. He tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Y/N felt speechless.

  "I may not remember what my mother was like, but I'm certain yours was amazing..." Muichiro said. Y/N smiled softly at him.
_

__________________________________________

   Isamu POV

Isamu watched Muichiro and Y/N on the porch. His heart shattered. Of course she would like the strong dude who could protect her, over a weak guy like him..

  He turned away. Y/N.....

  It's always been you. Since the day we met. I couldn't help but feel attracted to you. You're the bravest, smartest and tactful person I've ever met. Ever since the day we met, I can't stop thinking about you, even more true after you saved me from the crashing building. Y/N, I love you...He would never get to say it to her. And she wouldn't know that he ever loved her.

  Isamu walked away, not bearing the sight of Y/N with another man. He couldn't bear the thought....

Isamu Haruki had lost, and always will, to the boy with mint green eyes....

___________________________________________

A/N: Hey, sorry this chapter was shorter than it should've been. I lost the original idea so I had to come up with an impromptu one. And credits to  @Sabrina Jordan for her song, 'Hazel Eyes"