Shanks : Surprise

Teachers AU

You yawn and set off the timer on your phone, it was 7am in the morning and your job starts at 8am. You sat up and stretched before getting yourself ready for work.

You can't believe that there's a month left before your short vacation but of course there's still days where you have to work from time to time. You work as a highschool teacher in a school near your apartment.

Why a teacher? You just like the feeling of being proud when you see the students you've taught become successful in the future and a lot of them actually did.

Your 4 year boyfriend, Shanks also felt the same way and you'd say it's a perfect match. He decided to teach in the same school since he said that he wants to see you everyday even if it's just a glance or else he'll spam you with messages and calls.

The school you're working in prohibits couples from working at the same workplace since it might distract the couple from doing their job properly and raise rumors that the students will ramble about non-stop.

You told Shanks it wasn't a great idea for the both of you to push through it but it's obvious what he did….he insisted and told you that to just keep their relationship a secret, therefore you both acted as mere acquaintances at work and then a lovely couple outside work. Keeping it a secret was hard, definitely but you both managed to pass 2 years of working in the same environment.

You've arrived at the classroom of your assigned class. Shanks said they were troublesome little rascals but you couldn't believe him since they were always good and behaved with you.

This year, you and Shanks handled the Senior high students which means it's their last year with you and you wanted to make this final year a special one to them by giving them no homework and sneaking in snacks for them.

"Good morning everyone! How are you today?" You greeted your class with a smile.

"Good morning! You look extra pretty today!" A student said.

"Add fabulous!" Another student said

"Stunning!"

"Marvelous!"

"Marry me!" A student shouted out which made you laugh as more compliments from your dear students reached your ears. 'How can they be troublesome little rascals? They're so sweet!' you thought before you started to teach the class and they were participating very well.

You were known to be one of the good-looking teachers in the whole school according to the students of your class but you simply couldn't believe it. Shanks was also one of them, they said. Well, you can confirm this because once Shanks told you that he received lots of chocolates from the female students during Valentine's day.

You weren't jealous but found their little crush on your boyfriend to be cute since you might do the same. Secondly, you'd agree that he is one good-looking man. Lastly, he's already yours. You got the jackpot in getting to date a rare and attractive man like him.