An Evening To Remember

I cannot get over how sensational their performance is. They really capture everyone's attention and Jure looks so good behind the drums. 

They only play four songs of course, but I would love to see them perform a whole concert. Who knows, maybe there's multiple of those in my future...

The new song they play especially captures the attention of the crowd. It's a hit, thankfully but not unexpected. They manage to come up with fantastic songs time after time. I'm kind of grateful to have met these guys solely because their music made my playlists a lot better.

After a big round of applause, they get back off the stage.

"You were amazing!" I pull Jure into a tight hug when they've made their way back through the crowd. This took a while since a lot of people wanted pictures and a quick conversation, but I'm happy they're getting so much attention.

"Thank you, are you ready to get out of here or do you want to watch some more?"

"No, I think I'm good,"

We all try to find our way out of the group of people, being stopped by fans multiple times again.

It's late in the afternoon now, and the guys have suggested to go to a cafe to get something to eat and some drinks. We all agree and find a good cafe to sit in somewhere down the long Main Street.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket as we're about to sit down, and see it's Lucia.

"I have to take this, but I'll be right back,"

"What should I order for you?"

"Just some white wine," I smile as I walk outside quickly. The music and conversation inside is way too loud to hear someone over the phone.

"Hey Lucia,"

"Julia! How is it?"

"They were incredible, I'm so sad you're not here honestly. You would love it,"

"Actually.. I have a little surprise. You don't happen to be standing on the sidewalk outside of a bar right now, do you?"

I frown for a second, very confused on how she found out. Then I look around me and I see her standing on the other side of the street, phone in her hand and a big smile on her face.

"Oh my god!" I scream out, and cross the street instantly.

"What? How?" I don't manage to make out concrete sentences. I only see Lucia once a year usually so this feels very special.

"I won't bore you with the details but I somehow managed to make it. A little late though, when I got to the square I saw you all walking away already,"

"So you followed us? Totally not creepy," she smacks my arm. 

"Are you happy I'm here? I can imagine you wanted this weekend for you and Jure," she bites her lower lip.

I hadn't thought about that, but I'm so happy she's here I can't be mad about it. She always brings me some comfort.

"Of course it's alright, come on," we cross the street again.

"Lauren really couldn't make it, but she's sending us her love," Lucia says.

"Tell her thanks," we walk back into the cafe. I see confusion colouring the guys' faces when they see I'm not alone.

"Look who decided to surprise us," I say. 

"Lucia, hey," Bojan stands up to hug her immediately, of course. I guess this is their second chance. She sits down next to him while I sit down next to Jure on the other side of the booth.