Chp 1: Welcome To The Circus

Key:
P/n = Pet's name
Y/n = Your name
E/c = Eye color

~Y/n's POV~

I walked downstairs groggily as I had just woken up from 'sleeping' (Spending most of the night on my phone). The apartment I'd been living in was quite small, but it was the only thing I had to call home for now. I could already spot my Cat/Dog, P/n, greeting me from their food bowl which I had yet to fill with pet food. Once I was near the kitchen and poured myself some coffee/tea/chocolate milk, there was a knock at my door and some shuffling. Opening my door I found...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Bills and those random ass magazines... Oh, and a box I ordered for some reason. Must've been tired while ordering stuff online and ended up buying.... A VR headset??? Jesus, I hope this didn't cost that much from where I bought it. I'm already knee deep in debt just from buying this apartment. P/n scratched my leg curiously as they were basically asking for their food.

"Alright, alright. Let's get you some food, buddy."

After I gave P/n their food for the day, my mind kept going back to that headset, begging to try it out.

It took way longer to set it up than I thought it would, since I almost forgot that the VR headset had to hook up to my computer in order to play games. My computer looked very much run down and old due to the fact that my Dad had this computer before me and passed it down not too long ago.

I scrolled through the laggy computer to find some games I might like to play just to pass some time.

"Beat Saber... Walk the Plank... VR Horror... Hm?"

My eyes wandered off to an old, colorful looking game that read 'The Amazing Digital Circus'. It was free, too! I wasted no time in purchasing it and letting it load (slowly) into the VR headset. As soon as it did, there was nothing.

Pitch black.

Utter darkness.

'Did the headset die? Did it not load properly?' My mind kept rambling on about excuses for what was actually happening.

After what felt like years, a flash of color came to my eyes, basically blinding me for a short second. I was in a red and yellow patterned tent which was overflowing with colorful decor. I heard voices all around me, cartoony sounds, and... Music?

"ACK-!"

~3rd Person POV~

A red curtain appeared in front of Y/n, hiding them from a shadow that had floated in. Thankfully, the shadow hadn't noticed Y/n from behind as the shadow began talking.

"Ahem... Welcome to the Amazing Digital Circus! My name is Caine! I'm your ringmaster, and I'm here to show you the most jaw-dropping, heart-stopping, MiNd-BeNdInG paraphernalia you've ever laid your eyes upon!"

'Caine' somehow managed to bring out a heart and a brain just to demonstrate and dropped his lower jaw as well. Y/n began backing away slowly as the music in the background continued to grow louder.

~Y/n's POV~

I wasn't looking where I was going while I was backing away from the pair of floating dentures and accidentally bumped into someone. This caused me to stumble back, regaining my balance while hearing other people falling and groaning. Wait, other people?