04. 𝗌𝖾𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

chapter four. see the light
𝗪𝗛𝝖𝝩 𝝤𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗪𝝖𝗦 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗘

 see the light𝗪𝗛𝝖𝝩 𝝤𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗪𝝖𝗦 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗘

( the past, three years ago )

Claire could recall her and Ben's first kiss perfectly.

It was on her favourite day of the year;  her mothers birthday. The one day a year that hundreds of lanterns were released into the night sky as soon as the sun went down.

But this year, something was different.

Usually, Claire would only invite Audrey to her kingdom and celebrate with the day with her parents and Audrey.

This year though Audrey couldn't make it so Audrey suggested she invite someone else in her place. And by suggest, Audrey told her to invite Ben saying "it's the only way to make him stop whining about it." After all he had never been to the event before and he's been begging to go ever since they were little.

Claire explained the day to him as something out of a fairy tale and it was something Ben wanted to experience with her.

And so she did ask him to join her and of course he agreed.

As soon as he arrived they spent lunch in the palace with Claire's parents since he came around noon. After they left to venture though the village surrounding the castle.

Ben had been to the kingdom of Corona before on multiple occasions but it was a completely different scene on the day of the queen's birth.
It was more lively than other days. The whole kingdom was full of greenery, flowers of all kinds, people dancing and rushing around, music, pastries, beautiful colours and lots of purple.

At first they wondered, walking throughout the town and into random shops before coming across one the kingdom's many bakeries.

Even though the pair just ate lunch there was no avoiding the fresh smell of the pastries that had just come out of the oven, thanks to the open windows of the shop.

The pair purchased their goods enjoying them on the ledge of the fountain watching the children draw on the pathway with chalk making conversation. 

Claire finished before Ben and decided to join the kids on ground helping a little boy colour in the frog he drew.

All well Ben watched from afar.

Then they went to they ventured to the library, both having mothers that loved to get lost in another world it was only fair they lived to do the same. During their time spent in the building they laid on the floor with books scatter all around them, they read a few books together and the others alone.