Chapter 11

Olivia's POV:

Sav and I woke up the next morning and chose to do some exploring around Dayton. Even though I lived in Nashville all my life, I never took the opportunity to explore around here. We shopped around, and went sight seeing for a few hours before heading back to the hotel. We didn't want to have to rush ourselves to get ready for our dates. When we got back I showered and slowly started to get ready. "Hey Sav, do you think I should curl or straighten my hair?" I yelled to her from the bathroom. She thought for a couple minutes before responding. "I think if you curl your hair it'll help the whole outfit come together more. I can curl it for you if you want." I don't know what it is, but I love when other people do my hair. "Okay, I don't mind if you curl it for me. As long as you have time to get yourself ready. I can help you too." I blow dried my hair, and we both started to get ready. I decided to text Kevin while Sav was doing my hair.

From Olivia: Hi Babe! I know you're probably busy with your study group still, but I just wanted to tell you that I can't wait to see you tonight😘

Sav saw me smiling in the mirror. "So I take it you're super excited to see Kevin?" I looked up at her in the mirror and laughed. "Yes of course I am. I haven't seen him since I left for Savannah. I have a really good feeling that tonight is going to be extra special for some reason." Sav was focused on the piece of hair she had on the barrel before she answered. "Well, it's definitely going to be special since you two will be together. Maybe Kevin has a present for you or something, and that's why you have a strange feeling that something special will happen." I laughed at her sense of optimism. "He probably didn't get me anything Sav. Anytime I want him to get me something I have to mention it a hundred times before he actually gets me it. He doesn't think to randomly get me things sometimes." I checked my phone to see if Kevin responded. "Yeah, he's not like Tanner who got you candy with a note huh." I immediately froze. How did she know about that? Maybe if I play dumb she'll believe me. "What are you talking about?" She looked at me directly in my eyes in the mirror. "Olivia, you're my best friend. Don't try to play dumb with me. Remember that day you had my keys in your purse? We were both at our apartment, and I went to my hair appointment? I went to get my keys out of your purse while you were in the shower. I found the Andes Candies with the note from Tanner. There's only so many guys we know whose name start with T." There goes that idea of playing dumb. I guess we have to talk about it now. "Sav, I meant to tell you about that. It's nothing really. It was the night we took Dalton to the hospital. I was talking to the guys about how much I loved those candies. I didn't ask Tanner to get them for me or anything. I guess he went to the gas station in the morning while I was sleeping. I honestly didn't even find it in my purse until I was back at our apartment. I didn't tell you because I didn't think it was a big deal. He was just being nice and bought me something. I'm sure he got himself and Dalton a Celsius, and didn't want me to feel left out." She didn't say anything for a couple minutes after I finished. I kept my eyes on hers through the mirror.

She sighed before she started talking, turning the chair and looking at me. "Olivia, it would've been fine if he just got you the candy and that was it. He wrote you a note too. That's something that's really sweet if you actually use your big brain and think about it. That's basically him going out of his way to do something nice for you. Have you ever thought that he might like you a little more than a friend?" I felt my cheeks start to get a little warm. I never thought of it the way Sav was saying right now. I just thought he was being nice. Savanah saying that made everything start to click. First the candy, then the compliments, and he said I looked good in his hoodie. Could Tanner actually like me? What would it be like if something were to happen between us? Dalton would kill both of us, that's for sure. Wait, I'm with Kevin. I can't be thinking like this, and I shouldn't. I love Kevin, and he loves me. We've been together for a little over a year now. My head felt like it was spinning even though I was sitting still. Sav noticed my quietness and put the curling iron down. "Liv, are you okay? You looked a little in your head. Is everything clicking now with how Tanners been acting? I noticed it a few weeks ago, but never wanted to say anything." I nodded my head in the mirror, not knowing what to say. "Yeah, that all does make sense now. It doesn't matter if he likes me or not. I'm with Kevin and I love him. Plus, Dalton would kill me in a heartbeat for dating his best friend, or any of the other guys on the team."