𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.

.

.

.

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘. oikawa had called you about a dozen times, you didn't respond, though you wanted to.

'he told me his knee was acting up, maybe he'll take a rest day,' you thought to yourself as you made your way to the gym.

"(L/N)!" hinata and tanaka exclaimed.

"hey," you kept your response short, you weren't exactly in a talking mood but weren't about to blow them off.

you sat next to kiyoko, the both of you wearing the same black tracksuit.

"the bus should be here soon, i'm not sure if we'll be keeping the score or not but it's still always good to pay attention to points and fouls," she explained.

"sounds good."

"everything alright?" kiyoko, unlike the boys, could tell something was going on.

"yeah, yeah, i'm good," you smiled in attempts to assure her. "no need to worry."

"if you say so, just know if somethings wrong, i'll listen if you need."

"thanks, that's nice of you. i'm gonna help load up the bus," you smiled once more before getting up.

you did find the idea of talking to someone to be helpful but didn't want to risk kiyoko acting like your other friends who had warned you about oikawa from the start.

you helped takeda out with the bus before everyone got on. of course, tanaka ran to the seat next to kiyoko before you got a chance to, you shrugged it off and found another seat.

"this seat taken?" sugawara grinned, pointing at the seat next to you.

"no, go ahead."

"some one on one time with (L/N), that's exciting," he took his seat.

"yeah, sure is," you did truly want to talk to him but you just couldn't find the words to speak, still being upset at oikawa.

"something wrong? you don't seem as cheery today."

"sorry, i'm fine, just a bit tired," that was partially the truth.

"ah, gotcha. well, if you want to sleep go right ahead! can even use me as a pillow if you want," he patted his shoulder.

"no, no, i'll keep you company," you laughed a bit, genuinely. "that's a sweet offer though."

"well can't have a tired manager on our hands, can we?"

"i'm not that tired."

"whatever you say! i won't argue."

you spent the rest of the bus ride talking, it was weird, it was as if you had forgotten about everything that had hurt you for ten minutes. you felt some sort of comfort around him you had never really felt before. you figured that he was just especially nice.

"alright, everyone. please head straight for the gym once off the bus!" takeda instructed. that uneasy feeling came back.

sugawara got up first, being that he was seated next to the aisle. he offered you a hand to help you up.

"thank you," you took it. he could hear the melancholy in your voice but chose to let it go this time, not wanting to make you uncomfortable.

"no biggie," he smiled.

you walked to the gym with takeda and kiyoko while the boys talked about 'game plans' and who'd start.

"i didn't think she'd actually show up," you heard the whispers of oikawa's teammates, a wave of embarrassment hit you.

'so he told people, awesome.'

you shrugged it off and began to help set up. oikawa wasn't there, you focused on that one positive to keep you from being a moody disaster. soon enough, the match began. there were more people than you expected up in the bleachers.

"they're doing really good!" you chirped to kiyoko.

"they haven't done this good in years," she was in awe as well.

the score was close, but karasuno was in the lead. when it was finally time for the third set, someone you had finally gotten off of your mind for a bit walked in.

"hey, oikawa's back!" one of his teammates exclaimed.

he made eye contact with you immediately, a look of almost pity.

"careful oikawa! please don't hurt yourself!" a few of his 'fan girls' squealed. he, surprisingly, paid no mind to them.

the game got a bit harder, but to everyone's surprise karasuno won the entire thing. as soon as it ended, you got up and out of there.

"(Y/N), (Y/N), wait up!" a horribly familiar voice called. "jesus, you're a fast walker."

"what do you want, oikawa?"

"why didn't you answer my calls last night?" he asked, sounding truly confused.

"is that some sort of joke?" you scoffed. "why would i? you're lucky i'm even speaking to you right now."

"look, what you saw last night isn't what you think."

"really? because it looked to me you were out with some other girl, another girl you were close enough with for her to call you by your given name."

"okay so it's kind of exactly what it looks like," he sighed. "but we never vowed to be exclusive or anything."

"yeah but we also never said we'd see other people? like what don't you get about that?"

"(Y/N) please, i'm just not ready for a relationship."

"not ready for a relationship but you can call me every night, take me out on dates, kiss me, call me pet names, and just treat me like we had something special? i waited almost a year for you, oikawa."

"we do have something special. you're my girl, you know that," he attempted to hold both of your hands, you pulled yours away.

"me? your girl? then who the fuck was she? you must tell her all the same shit, don't you?" you fumed. "how can you tell me we aren't exclusive, you don't want a relationship but call me your girl?"

"because (Y/N), i really like you."

"stop calling me that."

"fine, fine. i really like you, (L/N). those other girls don't even begin to compare to how amazing i think you are."

"then why are there other girls in the first place? you're making no fucking sense. why are you so against really being with me."

"because i've never just stuck to one girl, ever, i don't know how. i can't risk screwing that up with you," he sighed. "just one more chance, (L/N), please."

"it's not fucking rocket science," you were baffled by how he thought he could beg his way out of this. "i'm not wasting my time with whatever this is anymore. god, i'm so fucking stupid for actually believing that we could be a thing one day."

"no don't say that. i don't regret a single moment i've had with you."

"there an issue here?" sugawara asked as he and daichi approached.

"no, not at all. he was just leaving," you explained. "bye, oikawa."