CHAPTER ONE

PREVIOUS INCARNATIONS🌙

🌙

"Himeko," March asked, gaining her attention. "What is it, March?" she asked, taking in her nervous expression. "It's just...Dan Heng and Luma have been really distant recently. It's kinda freaking me out."

"Well maybe they both need some time to process," Himeko suggested, mentioning dan heng's past being revealed in the Xianzhou Luofu.

"Hm, maybe," March hummed, putting her pointer finger against her chin.

Dinner at the Astral Express was awkward between Luma and Dan Heng. Luma, who was usually chatting with the crew, was incredibly silent. Usually, they and Dan Heng sat beside each other but now, they were sitting on opposite sides of the table.

After dinner, Himeko pulled Luma to the side as Welt did the same with the Dan Heng.

"Lulu honey, what's wrong?" Himeko asked, sweetly. Luma sighed. "It's...I keep having this dream. I'm in this blue and white dress looking at the sea. It looks like the Xianzhou Luofu. And this person...he looks like Dan Heng but I know he isn't. He approaches me and cups my face and kisses me."

"Hmm," she hummed, pondering what they just said. "Could it be that you're seeing Dan Heng's past self?" She held a hand out to the side. "His past self? Why would i be seeing his past self? And why would he be kissing me?"

Luma's eyes remained widened. "Is this why you've been avoiding Dan Heng?" She asked, crossing her arms. "Well uh, sorta. He's been avoiding me too. I assume it's cause of everything that happened so i'm giving him his space."

Himeko nodded, understanding. "I'll talk to Welt about your dreams. Maybe he'll have an explanation. Maybe you should talk to Dan Heng too. I bet you could also find some information from him and he definitely misses you." She winked, making Luma's cheeks heat up.

Meanwhile, Welt was dealing with a similar ordeal.

"I understand your reasoning for being distant. But, you've been awfully quiet around Luma and avoiding them," Welt explained. Dan Heng had a hesitant look on his face.

"May we speak in private?" He asked, not wanting to be in the same room if he were to admit something like this. "Of course," Welt confirmed, allowing him to head to the hallway of the express.

Luma and Dan Heng glanced at each other when he walked by, only to quickly look away.

"Something's been bothering you. I can tell," Welt mentioned, crossing his arms.

"I've been having this reoccurring dream where I meet Luma as my past self in the Xianzhou Luofu except, it's not Luma, I can sense it. They're in this blue and white dress too."

Welt pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Blue and white dress?" He repeated, murmuring to himself. "Did you by chance have a lover in your past life? If you can remember?"

"Not that I can remember." Dan Heng shook his head. "I'll have to do some research, but I'll get back to you," Welt explained, earning a nod from Dan Heng.

"But, I do recommend talking to Luma about this," he added before exiting the hallway.

Dan Heng stared at the floor, realizing he must confront them at some point.

୨୧

A knock was heard on Dan Heng's door. He went to open it, seeing the very person he was trying to avoid. "Luma."

"Dan Heng, can we talk?" They asked, hesitantly. They averted eye contact with him, looking to the side. "Of course." He allowed them in.

Shutting the door, he turned to them. "What did you need?" "I need...to tell you something," Luma admitted, fumbling with their hands.

"Yes?" "I've been...having these dreams-" "So have I," he interrupted them. "Sorry, go ahead." Sighing, Luma continued. "I'm looking over the sea in the Xianzhou Luofu in a blue and white dress and you approach me, except it's not you. I can feel it."

Dan Heng's lips parted in shock. Still, they continued on. "And you cup my face and...kiss me," they concluded.

"What about your dream?" Dan Heng hesitated before speaking. "It's the exact same as yours - I'm my past self and meeting you in a blue and white dress. Except it's not you. I can also feel it," he explained.

"I...I don't know how to explain who the person is in your dream. It's not like i'm a reincarnation of anyone," Luma mumbled. "Are you sure?" he asked, to their shock.

"Yes, I'm positive," they replied. "When you talked to Himeko after dinner last night, did you tell her about your dreams?" "Yeah, did you tell Mr. Yang about yours?" He nodded in response.

"Maybe they'll get back to us with something," Luma suggested, inching closer to him. "I missed you, you know?" They murmured, reaching their arms out hesitantly.

He let them touch him. "I missed you too," he admitted, breathing out. Luma's eyes flicked up to him. Moving forward, they hugged him. They both missed this feeling more than ever - just to be in each others arms. The warmth and comfort they felt was like no other.

୨୧

"Oh good, you're both here. And I've seen you've spoken to each other again." Himeko smiled, turning to Dan Heng and Luma. Welt crossed his arms as his eyes narrowed on them.

"You said you needed to speak to us?" Dan Heng asked. "Yes, Welt and I have been doing a little research on your dreams," Himeko mentioned.

Luma's eyes widened in interest.

"Have you heard of Chandra, the goddess of the moon?" Himeko asked, staring intently at Luma. "No, I haven't." Dan Heng remained silent, trying to think.

"We found that Dan Feng had a..special connection with her," Welt explained. "Special?" Luma questioned, staring at him with curious eyes.

"Do you mean they had feelings for each other?" They hesitantly asked. "We assume so," Welt replied. Luma turned to Dan Heng, seeing what he was trying to make of all this.

"Do you remember anything, Dan Heng?" They asked, softly. He pulled his hand away from clasping his chin. "Somewhat. Luma," he said, turning to them. "Would you accompany me to the Xianzhou Luofu again?"

"Yes, of course," they responded, a bit intrigued as to what he had in mind. They both stared at Welt and Himeko again, who nodded in confirmation.

Dan Heng clasped their hand and began heading towards the exit of the express. "Bye Himeko and Mr. Yang," Luma bid them farewell, turning their head and waving.

Himeko and Welt assumed Dan Heng planned on returning to gain more information about his past and Chandra. He must've remembered something, they thought.