Chapter 22

Rishab broke the hug and wiped Khushi's eyes. He kissed her forehead and smiled, "Ab thoda sa smile karogi? Please."
She shook her head.
"Then I have to use the weapon. Tumhe.."
Before he could say further, she had covered his mouth with her palm.

"No kasam. That's my weapon."
He smirked, "I have something better that works well on both of us."
He started ticking her and she giggled asking him to stop.

Rishab sat down on the couch and pulled Khushi on his lap. He kissed her shoulder and moved the lock of hair over her shoulder and kissed the back of her neck. He turned her face and captured her mouth.

Laying under the blanket, Khushi said, "We should tell everyone that we are together. What do you say?"
Rishab kissed her head and said, "What about your residency?"

"We agreed that I will join Gynecology. Different department, different residency. Koi problem nahi hogi."
"Are you really sure? This is a big move. Take some time to think and then make a decision."

Khushi sat up, holding the blanket to cover herself, "Tumhara phir shuru ho gaya? We had a talk about it. Didn't we? You said that you will support me. Then what happened now? "
Rishab sat up and said, "Nothing has happened, gadhi. I said I will support. I said it na. I just want you to think. Just think about everything before jumping at it."

"I have thought about it. And I have decided."
She said getting out of the bed. She picked up her clothes and went inside the bathroom.

Rishab wore his t-shirt and got out of the bed.
"You have decided, I get it. You want Gynecology, fine. Go for it. I just want you.. consider everything before you give up this residency. Oh come out! I am looking like a fool talking to the bathroom door."
She came out and said, "We fought over it. You want to start another fight, I get it. But no, I am not in a mood for that. So, I will leave."

She was about to leave when he grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer, "You are not going anywhere. I am not fighting. I don't want to."
He gave out a deep breath, "I have promised I will support you, no matter what. I said to think once again because I don't want you to regret your decision later. That's all."

Khushi touched his cheek, "I am not going to regret doing something good like bringing a life into this world. Trust me. I want this."
He nodded, "Okay then. I trust you."

"So, we don't discuss this anymore. Okay. Iss baare mein aur koi baat nahi hogi." She tells her.
"Fine. No more discussion. Now can we just kiss and make up? Or should we have makeup s*x?"
Khushi hit him on his arm, "Rishab, stop it."
He pulled her closer and said, "No."
He pressed his lips on hers.

Rishab came home late and found Khushi sitting with her feet up on the couch and the remote in her hand. On the table lay a spread of different snacks and drinks. There were wrappers of chocolates and spilled drinks on the table.

Rishab exclaimed, "What the f*** is that!"
"Hi Rishu! Welcome home babe!"
"Home or mess? What are you doing?" He asked.
Khushi threw her hands in the air, "Exams over! Just slayed it. In a few days I will be back in that hospital as the new Resident in the Gynecology and Obstetrics department. So, I am relaxing."

He shook his head, came and kissed her forehead, "Good! Jab relaxation ho jaye, clean everything up. "
"What? Akele? Listen, join me. We can watch movies together, chomp on these delicious snacks and.."

He cut her short, "And clean? Thanks for the offer but I will pass. I have no interest in your boring romantic movies, or eating unhealthy food or cleaning the mess you have created. I am tired. I need my relaxation. My idea of relaxation is a nice hot shower, reading a good book and sleeping.."