chapter one.

TOUCH OF EVIL,
the north park mall.

     "THIS HEAT IS THE most ridiculous feel ever

     "THIS HEAT IS THE most ridiculous feel ever . . ." A young teenager stressed, making the entry into an empty bedroom. The woman placed her final packing box onto the middle of the floor in her bedroom, swiping the buds of sweat that threatened to trickle down her face.

The teenager began to glance around the space of her bedroom, whilst she heard the slight footsteps approaching her door. Two soft knocks were placed against the surface to reveal her younger sister.

The petite child stood —  a colorful stuffed animal held against the chest of her small body. The child stood in the middle of the doorframe, her innocent orbs pierced around the room before it landed upon her older sister.

"May I help you?" She questioned, her soft spoken voice echoed in the room. "No . . . I just wanted to see how big your room was! Brother's is huge! He even has his own bathroom!" She exclaimed, the older sister couldn't help but crack a soft smile at the excitement that was ridden in her tone.

It had been the most excitement she had seen on her younger sister since the news of their moving had been broken to them. Each family member had their fair share of emotions, but Sarai — the youngest of the family, had taken it completely different.

Silence began to overcloud the space between the two, before the two heard their older brother obnoxiously call for the middle child.

Her light brown orbs moved in a circular motion behind the small space of her eyelid, eventually allowing her body to make an entry to the main section of the unfurnished home.

"Take these to my room . . . thank kid, you're the best." The teenager watched as her brother easily flopped onto the couch, pulling out a magazine from pocket behind his black denim jeans.

The teenager watched as her brother grew comfortable in his space, his legs propped up another the surface cushion of the couch. The male sat on the soft item, flipping through the latest release of Playboy's June 1995 magazine.

"Hey! Be careful with that!" The man grew instantly alerted onto the box she held onto. The woman grew startled the slightest at the raise in his tone, but gradually obliged by his demand to be ' thoughtful ' to his personal belongings.

As she wrapped up transferring the boxes to her brother's designated room, which had been unfairly much bigger than her own had — she walked over to where her stepmother, Cassandra unpacked the kitchen supplies. 

"Why don't do the two of you explore the town a little? There's still some sun out, I wouldn't want to let go to waste. Go the mall, I suggest? Go see a movie? I'd like to unpack some things in uhm . . . peace." The stepmother to the three explained, stammering over her words.