4

indiannas pov:
the things i'm planning to do in todays race cannot be explained. i jolt awake at 7am and get changed in my mclaren gear which hopefully will be changed soon. i grab my stuff and check my phone, just a snap from a few people. i'll awnser them at the track. i start up my car and drive off. it's not a long time before i get to the track and park my car. i take a deep breath and go into my garage.

"morning indianna" my team says. "morning" i say back. still don't talk to lando tho, or even look him in the eyes. i get changed into everything and put my face suit on only on my legs. i go out of my garage and go and see oscar. when he sees me he straight away hugs me. "talk to the team after the race okay?" he says. "yeah i will" i say and let go of him. he flashes a smile at me and i return it before walking off. i decide to go and see charles. i haven't spoken to him for a while, after we both lost jules he was extremely upset and he just couldn't talk to me, i reminded him to much of jules, after all we did look alike. i go into their garage.

"hey have you seen charles anywhere?" i ask carlos. "oh uh yeah he's in his drivers room, i think he's just sitting there" carlos says. i thank him and knock on charles' door. "come in" he says. when i open his door he's shocked. "woa indianna? is that you?" he asks me. "haha yeah, i'm in f1s now" i say smiling. "omg i'm so proud of you! i didn't even know!! why didn't you tell me?!" he asks. "well you kinda didn't talk to me" i say. "oh yeah, look i'm sorry about that, it's just you reminded me of jules and at the time i just couldn't do it" he says, with tears forming in his eyes as he remembers jules. i just hug him, he hugs me back. "it's okay, atleast we're talking now" i say. he just smiles and nods.

"how are you finding mclaren anyways?" he asks. i just roll my eyes. "honestly i'll probably change teams after today, i'm going to lose my shit at them and lando" i say. he's shocked. "what have they said?" he asks. i just tell him the full story. "oh what the fuck that's so stupid" he says. i just nod. "look uh good luck on your race, i believe in you, and do it for jules" he says smiling. "yeah you too, i'm almost positive he's so proud of you" i say shutting his door. that was good to finally get to talk to him again. i go out of ferrari and back into the shitty garage mclaren. i go to my room and text jules, i know he doesn't respond but i have to do it.

i: hey julesy! i miss you lots, me and charles spoke again, we still love you. i'm about to go out, if you see me soon up there it's because i didn't have to best race. i'll try to make you proud. i love you jules.

it's about 5 minutes until we have to go out. i sit in my car so no one can talk to me. "see she's in her car early, she can't do anything!" andreas says laughing, i hear him faintly. i just roll my eyes. eventually we have to go out. formation lap, i'm starting 10th. still not bad. "okay that was the formation lap, you'll start gridding up in a sec and you'll start the race, do you know how to grid up or do we need to explain it" he says. "i know how to grid up i'm not stupid" i say, annoyed. i hear them laughing. landos silent. we grid up and get ready. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5.. 6..... LIGHTS OUT. "okay indianna lights are out so you can race now, do you know how to race" he says. "oh my god i know how to race just be quiet!" i say.

i slam my foot on the pedal and overtake lance and riccardo. now i'm p8. still not bad. "good job indianna" lando says. "mhm" i say back. it's about lap 4 now and i'm p5. "suprised you could get this far" they say. "hey you three how about i say something that you will know very well." i say. "go ahead" lando, zak and andreas say. "well she won't get anywhere, i mean let's be civil here, she's a woman she can't do anything, and you've gotta agree, we just need her here to get the praise and when we do we' ll just kick her out of mclaren and say her contract went up, but you just have to pretend to be nice, i know you don't want her on the grid" i repeat. they're silent.

"yeah go fucking silent. i'm a woman and so what? i can fucking race and i'm sure andreas if you were out racing you wouldn't get any further than the formation lap. you guys are the shittiest team ever and if you are just using me for praise then how about you watch how good i do" i say angrily. they all laugh. "oh please like a woman's going to get anywhere, women cant do shit!" they say. "fuck you guys seriously" i say. they keep going on so i rip my headphones out so i can't hear them. finally quiet.