Part 1: Secret War (Love, Death, & Robots)

It was cold. Deathly cold. Colder than what should be possible in Florida. I hear something in the distance, it sounds like gunfire. where am I?. I hear shouting, I can't understand what they're saying. It's getting closer, both the shouting and the gunfire. There are some weird looking monsters running through the woods. I'm surrounded by snow, but it's spring? My armor is warm, as usual. I hear a gunshot. I can't think straight. It hit me, but I'm not hurt. I turn to where it came from, I see...

Russians?

Jacob: Do any of you speak English?

Their commander steps forward. He is wearing a standard Red Army uniform, and he's holding a PPSh. Is he a lieutenant?

Commander: Yes, who are you and what are you doing here?

He speaks with such a thick accent, he has to be Russian.

Jacob: My name is Jacob White. Who might you be?

Nikolai: Lt. Nikolai Sakharov.

Jacob: Nice to meet you Lieutenant, good to see some other humans in this godforsaken forest.

Nikolai: The feeling is mutual, so what is an American doing here in Siberia?

I have to make up something quick so he doesn't think I'm a spy!

Jacob: I was sent here by the United States to help you with the demon problem.

I summoned an airdrop, that should convince them!

Jacob: I was also sent to deliver some supplies to a Siberian village just west of here, but it looks like you guys need it more than they do.

They looked up at it! It's working!

Nikolai: We do need supplies, do you have any бинты?

Jacob: Bandages?

Nikolai: Yes, do you have any? we need to resupply.

Jacob: I do, I also have morphine, Gauss, splints, Med-packs, stitch kits, anesthetics, and a crap ton more.

Nikolai: Food?

Jacob: 3 dozen cans of ravioli, 50 cans of corn, and 40 MREs.

Nikolai: MREs?

Jacob: Meals Ready to Eat. It takes a few minutes to cook them but it gives you something warm to eat.

Nikolai: Ah, I understand.

Jacob: So where are you guys headed?

Nikolai: We are trying to find the source of the ghouls, we think the main nest is in a copper mine north of here.

Jacob: Well, since it's about a hundred kilometers to civilization, can I come with?

Nikolai: You might as well, it's getting late.

Jacob: Alright, let's get going then.

//TWO HOURS LATER//

Narrator POV:

Nikolai: Jacob, we're here.

Jacob looks out into the valley below, with a few mine shafts at the bottom.

Jacob: Under different circumstances, this place would be beautiful to have a picnic.

Nikolai: What do you mean?

Jacob: You know, in the spring, no snow, no unholy monstrosities literally emerging from the earth?

Nikolai chuckled and looked out into the valley, in deep thought.