The Lost World: Final Chapter

Third Person POV

It was now night and Jason could be seen sitting up in a large tree overlooking the camp that was set up for the night to let everyone rest. In his lap laid Amber and Fang who slept soundly and peacefully with Amber's head crossing over her brother's neck.

Jason's eyes scanned the camp, noticing that Roland, Ian, and Ludlow were awake and looking at a map. His eyes kept watch on Ludlow since he's been eyeing Amber and Fang since he saw them at the cliff with the teen.

Without missing a beat, Jason's arm suddenly shot behind him and grabbed something that started biting his thumb repeatedly, drawing small amounts of blood. The teen looked at the creature in his hand to see it was a Tokay Gecko that barked in his hand and chomped his thumb more, drawing quite a bit of blood.

Getting annoyed by the invasive lizard, Jason snapped the little creature's neck and raised it up to his mouth, biting it in half before spitting the other half into his free hand. Amber and Fang perked their heads up at the smell of fresh blood, squeaking up at the teen for the two halves. Jason chuckled softly and held them both out, letting Fang and Amber take their own pieces.

The teen smiled at the two hatchlings before looking down at the tent that Kelly and Sarah were in.

Jason: "I should get some sleep. I haven't slept for a while."

With that, Jason yawned softly and retreated down the tree with Fang and Amber latched onto his back. Once on the ground, the teen walked up to Sarah and Kelly's tent before looking inside to see them both sound asleep. That's when Jason's nose caught the familiar scent of the baby Tyrannosaur. It didn't take long to find the source which was Sarah's vest.

The teen hummed softly for grabbing the vest and taking it away from the camp.

Jason: "For an expert in parental behavior, she's not very bright."

That's when the teen felt the ground slightly shake, making him freeze up a bit and look in the direction of the source.

Jason: "Shit..."

Jason's POV

I was now running quickly through the forest as Buck and Doe chased after me with anger, forcing me to retreat from the camp so nobody was killed.

"I definitely didn't count on them being close by already...!"

I looked around before realizing there was nowhere to run as I started to approach a familiar cliff.

"Damn it!"

I stopped at the edge of the cliff, looking down before watching the two adult Tyrannosaurs slowly approach me. They both growled and roared out as they covered my left and right. I had nowhere to run.

'I-is this it...?

Taking a small step back, my heel dipped back as a piece of the cliff broke as which made me lose balance.

"NO!!"

Quickly, I threw Amber and Fang forward away from the cliff, saving them from the death drop.

'I... I guess this is it, huh...? Sorry I couldn't live a full life like you wanted to dad... I guess I'll see you sooner than expected...'