Finals

If I say I didn't expect this to happen, then I am probably only deceiving myself.

I knew this was going to happen the moment Mr. Roberts told me to wait behind after class; if only I had been able to come up with a better excuse and not some lame story I picked up from God knows where.

When it comes to lying and cooking up good excuses, my brain turns kind of slow. That's why I always try to avoid any situation that can make me embarrass myself with my dumb excuses.

I dragged my feet across my apartment, or rather, our apartment, because I shared it with Zeeny, my best friend.

I'm trying to get to the kitchen, and it's taking forever. I never knew the kitchen was so far away. It's now that I really start to envy Alexa; her kitchen is just 5 steps away from her room.

My head hurts like hell; it's like someone is running a nail through my head with a hammer, but I know it's a migraine.

My migraines aren't ordinary; they always leave me weak and paralyzed.
My migraines are always the result of too much stress and exhausted brain power.

But unfortunately, I couldn't avoid all my problems today, not when Mr. Roberts made it an amusement to exhaust my energy and brain power right on the first day of school.

I had to email the course outline to all 120 students offering it, and I had to brainstorm ways to form us into perfect groups of 10.

I could only thank my stars that he gets to choose the topics for the project. If it were possible, I knew he would have pushed it on me and my already-over
whelming work load.